URGENT HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP (1 Viewer)

HSC
hi so I have to drop a subject and the due date is tomorrow idk why they aren't giving us extra time to decide-
I'm either dropping maths ext1 or chem in year 12.
I have 12 units: maths adv, eng standard, sor1, physics, maths ext1, chem and a language in literature.

I got 40% in ext maths and 56% in chemistry in my prelims.

maths extension:
I did pretty well on my maths advanced prelims (80%) and I'm 2nd in the course at my school. however, in maths extension1 I'm at the bottom of my class and I got below 50% in ALL my assessments. FYI my maths extension class has 9 people and 5 of them do accelerated maths for year 12 and 1 of them literally finished the HSC for advanced.
I had thought of keeping it because:
1) I knew I could've done better if I actually did work (I didn't do ANY extension work during year 11. I prioritised my advanced more)
2) the content (vectors and projectile motion) will help a lot with my physics
3) my teacher actually pays attention to me cause she knows how shit I am in extension (my maths advanced teacher is the same person as my maths extension teacher)
however, if I drop chem I will have 10 units (no backup units). I'm fine with it but it scares me thinking I actually have to do well in all my subjects.

chemistry:
I thought that I would fail chemistry because I had a significant amount of questions I had no idea how to do (I can't even use my logic cause it's chemistry). also, I did 0 past papers before the exam so I have no idea how I passed. I think my chemistry teacher dislikes me because I don't participate at all in class. I just listen and take notes. also, her personality scares the living shit out of me.
had a thought of keeping it because:
1) could improve with more time
2) could learn by myself with yt vids
3) I want to do medicine after high school
4) if I drop maths extension I can have a backup unit if I do shit in one of my sciences (in total I'll have 11 units)

I don't do and don't plan on doing tutoring btw

PLS HELP ME TYSM

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
you should be able to drop subject right up until hsc exam

but from what I can see, drop chem

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
out of curiosity, can you explain why chem is better to drop?
you said your teacher is better in maths, your good in advanced so you have the foundations - easy to pick up mx1 yr11 stuff and yr12 as opposed to chem where you seem to lack the foundations (or have a lack of knowledge in significant areas)

HSC
you said your teacher is better in maths, your good in advanced so you have the foundations - easy to pick up mx1 yr11 stuff and yr12 as opposed to chem where you seem to lack the foundations (or have a lack of knowledge in significant areas)
THANKSS i'll take that into account

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)