urgent help needed (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
hiii!!!!!
I need urgent help with seamus heaney's poetry with regards to the elective statement. I understand his 'retreat from the global' and representations of the local and global within his texts, however I am totally confused as to how to apply such concepts to exam questions such as:

The global community is here to stay, but how we negotiate our existence in time and space depends on how we veiw our world.

I mean wut the hell??? how are the first and second parts of the question even related?
I hate the ambiguity of this topic.
Please someone help me out as to how to formulate ideas in relation to these questions which appear totally non-sensical to me.
Please Please Please Please.

ms.cinderella

HSC
oh geez... i'm doing seamus heaney's poetry too.. and gosh, if i had that question for an exam (btw, where did u get that question from).. i think i'd be stuffed!

perhaps you could address it by... oh my gosh.. u know what? i dont think i have a clue! =(

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
there were several practise essay questions in the back of our 'The Castle' booklet. How would you like to see another gay question? This one happened to be the half yearly examination I had to put myself through today, the results to which I wish to thoroughly burn so that I may never see them:

Ways of thinking influence our individual lives and the values we live by.

Relate that to globalisation and post-colonialism and post-modernism and Heaney and the Castle and atleast one text of your own choosing then!!! I couldnt...i didn't even get to integrate my response therefore meaning I wrote what was most probably the biggest load of bullshit I have ever written in my life.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
oh golly gosh......looking at the question now it doesnt actually seem that bad......i think.....my brain hurts.

flyhigh

Heaney retreats psychologically to the local, which is Irish history and his cultural roots. WIth this retreat he is able to then gain clarity in perspective of the global world. I guess your argument should be based around that, since by alluding constantly to historical events and comprehending what happened in the past he is able to use knowledge gained from the local and apply it to the global.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)