Urgent Help For Assessment Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Supervacuo

HSC
Give one example to illustrate the impact of State Sovereignty in relation to International Law.

I have chosen Child Sex Tourism In Asian Countries

I have outlined all the treaties/laws that have been introduced at both international and domestic levels however

WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF S.S IN RELATION TO INTERNATIONAL LAW..

AHHHHHHHH!!

Mr.GTR

HSC
It is the idea, that a nation is only answerable to itself and no higher authority is availible to enforce the international law. Even if a country decides to agree to an internation treaty for example, it can claim state soveirnty and no nation can do anything about it..

Hope that helps...

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
I hope this isn't too late :S

It basically means international law is completely ineffective to address the issue of child sex tourism where the state itself (ie, the government) will not recognise the issue and attempt to address it.

Because child sex tourism can be economically beneficial for a country, governments may turn a blind eye to the issue. State Sovereignty means the most that any other country can do is pressure that country, but cannot force any kind of law upon them.

brooke.ellen

HSC
N/A
SHITT

i need help with an assesment!
i dont no how to do new threads! i need a courth hiearachy! and to indicate the civil and criminal jurisdiction of each!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)