Urgent! BA Dip Ed ! (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Edit: problem resolved below

Last edited:

will90211

HSC
Hmm. It's not in the suggested pattern of study? If so, it'll really stuff up my carefully balanced plan to do 3 teaching subjects instead of the standard 3 ...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Edit: problem resolved below

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Oh, lol, now i get it. Sorry for misleading you,
you don't have to take POL units.

The requirements for the Major of Modern History are follows:

Requirements for the Major:
Completion of a minimum of 24 credit points including the following prescribed units:
Credit points

100 level

Requires 3cp from
-MHIS units at 100 level (3cp)

Requires 3cp from
- MHIS units at 100 level
- POL units at 100 level
(3cp)

200 level

Required 3cp from
- MHIS units at 200 level (3cp)

Required 3cp from
- MHIS units at 200 level
- POL units at 200 level
(3cp)

300 level

Required Capstone
- MHIS300 Making History: Capstone Unit (3cp)

Required 9cp from
- MHIS units at 300 level (9cp)

I was reading it incorrectly before, it means that you need to do 3cp from either MHIS units or POL units. So you don't have to do POL if you don't want to. I think they used to actually write 'or' in past handbooks, perhaps that's why i was confused? I really should have looked at the cp count on the side.

Last edited:

will90211

HSC
To say that i want to kiss you right now (regardless of gender!) would be an understatement.... THANK YOU SO MUCH... I've spend the whole morning recalibrating my timetable and re mapping out my degree...

I asked the future students page and their sad yet typical response was 'ask this at orientation' which misses the point...

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
To say that i want to kiss you right now (regardless of gender!) would be an understatement.... THANK YOU SO MUCH... I've spend the whole morning recalibrating my timetable and re mapping out my degree...

I asked the future students page and their sad yet typical response was 'ask this at orientation' which misses the point...
The reason why they say that is because they represent the university and they aren't technically allowed to give you academic advice. If they make a mistake it could mean that you might have to postpone your graduation later down the track or something.

To be honest, even i'm slightly uncomfortable about giving this sort of advice (we have it drilled into us at uni that only academic advisers can give academic advice). If you're still concerned just chat with your academic adviser at enrollment.

will90211

HSC
Cheers! Now that I've looked at it you're right the pol units is optional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)