[Urgent] Applying to Medicine (1 Viewer)

kietkiet

HSC
When applying to Medicine, do you need to complete one full year of any university degree before you can be considered eligible to apply into medicine ?

E.g. I plan on sitting the UMAT this year and hopefully getting into Medicine next year, however UNCLE requires applicants to have completed at least one year of university before applying to medicine. The 'on-time' closing date to apply for Medicine is around late September, which happens to be in the middle of semester 2, so technically it's not a full year yet.

Does this mean that my application will not be considered and that I will have to complete two years of a university degree before I can get into Medicine ? Or Will my application be considered anyway because I will be finished with semester 2 in November, which is around the time they will be doing interviews ?

This is urgent because my Main Round considerations ends tomorrow and I was planning to used the first year of my chosen preferences as a preparation for Medicine, however I am not keen on doing two years of my preferences because it begins to stray away from my interests.

Links:
Semester dates for UNCLE
Application information/deadline for UNCLE (Page 13 and 33)

kietkiet

HSC
"Applicants who, at the end of 2013, will have completed at least one year of full-time study (full academic load) or its part-time equivalent at a university will be considered in this category."

This was for the 2014 applicants.

So, does this mean that the 2013 first year students were considered for the 2014 applications before they finished ? Or do they have to be COMPLETELY finished before they are considered ?

UGH ... I hate how ambiguous this is ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)