URGENT.. Any Notes on Spirited Away as an Imaginitive Journey?? (1 Viewer)

sparkles121

HSC
Please help, :bomb: does anyone have any notes on Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away and how it relates to imaginitive journeys???

Please help, any notes would be an awesome help! Thank you....

xxx :)

Naylyn

HSC
The setting is the main link to imaginative journeys

Spirited away can also be linked to imaginative journeys through the idea of growth as an individual through an imaginative journey (compare Chihiro at the beginning and the end).
This links to both The Tempest and The Town Where Time Stands Still.

MooK010

HSC
hey, its an imaginative journey because she can't physically go into the world of the bath house, and the responder has to use their imagination to alsso enter the imaginative world of the bath house? Is that right? i'm also doing spirited away as a speech can us end me some of the info that you have please?

poke

he who can annoy all
HSC
The idea that it is an allegorical representation of our world used to examine aspects of society such as greed

HSC
I don't know why Spirited away was on my recommended prescribed text list. You're better off doing "Howl's Moving Castle" It's much more imaginative than Spirited Away, and has a strong tie to "The Tempest" if you're doing that.

Schism

HSC
I'm using Spirited Away as one of my related pieces of material for the AOS. I'll be linking it to the tempest. But I've got a decision to make. Should I analyse it and say it shows how the English and Japanese Cultures differ and link it to the post colonial reading of The Tempest, or should I show Chihiro's journey and link it to Prospero's journey into the mind?

falilv

HSC
Im doing spirited away too....
i think there are some similarities between the both stories in that; "journeying into the imagination, in order to deal with emotions or events occuring in the real world"
the girl (ive already 4gotten her name. is it jahero?) joureys into the land of the bath house most likely because of things she has to deal with in real life (maybe fear of losing her parents) and this shows when they turn into pigs. in the tempest some of the smaller imaginative journeys eg sebastian, antonio, gonzalo etc, when they go slightly insane when they hear the music, this is because they need to deal with the consequences of the overthrow of prospero..... the major difference between Spirited and tempest is that the smaller imaginative journeys in the tempest are being controlled by prospero. his magic is able to guide characters into "imaginative journeys" in order for his plan to work. and YES, insanity is considered a version of imaginative journeys. Besides this one point i have covered, i really dont know what else 2 say and i need alot more, so any help would be mucho appreciated.
thanx
:D

poke

he who can annoy all
HSC
Well the protagonist is called Chihiro...

If you are doing Chihiro's journey you could show her psychological development, juxtaposing her scared adolescent form at the beginning of the film to a more mature child at the completion of the journey.

or if you are doing the English and Japanese culture you can talk about how they are similiar in that both have similiar focuses such as materialistic desires[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)