urgennnttt helpp plzz.... (1 Viewer)

Eid

I am doing my viva voche tomorrow, and my topic will be discussing an instrument and its repetior (soz for spelling mistake..) and I am doing the bass in Around the World by Red Hot Chilli Peppers.....

Now i was just wondering... since I am only discussing one instrument, Melody etc... falls out because the bass does not have a melodic role etc....
But im still confused on whether I should still comment on melody etc... coz it really doesnt have anything to do with the bass...

Thanks alot :)

dissonance

what are you talking about??

if your playing around the world, look at its intro....the bass has the melody!!!

Of course the traditional role of the bass is to provide harmony and rhythm but if your playing funk stuff that changes the whole equation. The bass is very capable of playing a melody line and you should point that out by sighting your piece as a prime example. You can relate all of the musical concepts to the bass.

Listen to the verse. I mean the singer is singing a monotone, rap-style vocal over slap bass and guitar riffs.

The bass has one of the largest repetoires you have more than enough to talk about...

dansnation

what he said...

make note of the variations which flea uses, improvisation, slides - which effect pitch...

are you doing the speech specificallly on pitch/melody?
you should also speak about the basslines' ryhthm.. after all, the bass guitar is 'speaking' for the drums.

just a suggestion, but maybe a more specific viva would make it easier for you.. maybe something like 'the expressive techniques employed by flea in the r.h.c.p'

Eid

thanksss ppl....
most appreciated :)

and i think i will consider that suggestion dansation :p

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)