Urban Exploration (1 Viewer)

A1

HSC
N/A
I bet most of you haven't heard about this as a hobby.
It involves exploring things that are around us, such as abandoned buildings, warehouses, factories. These are the topsides. Then there is the exploration of drains (not sewers), bunkers and tunnels. These form part of the underworld.
Its great to go exploring in a small group, you never know what you will find or what kind of adventure awaits. In my days as an urban explorer I have found money (including pre decimal currency), horseshoes, wallets, rings and countless other things.
Melbourne has the best drains in Australia. Sydney is very good for exploring too.

G

Gavvvvvin

Id love toi something like that :cool:

So how do you get into this shit?

Last edited by a moderator:

A1

HSC
N/A
So how do you get into this shit?
Well, for starters see if you can get a mate or two who will want to explore with you. You may know of some locations that you pass as you go about your day to day life - perhaps a visible drain, an abandoned school or derelict building. If you do, then take your mate or mates and check the places out. Remember, if you do a topside, don't damage anything or vandalise. This will only get the place locked up and spoil it for other explorers.

If you don't have any mates that are interested, then perhaps more people from this forum will join this post and show their interest. If this happens, then join with them and go as a team. The benefit of this is that you will meet new people and make new friends. They might know of some locations.

After you do a few expeditions you might want to get more hardcore. In this case, you will need to actually scout out locations and get equipment. The hardest of the hardcore have more than just a torch. They have manhole keys, padlock keys, wire cutters, witches hats and workmen's uniforms. I know of explorers who actually close of sections of road to enter manholes and go down drains. These guys are truly hardcore.

If more people show interest in this thing and post here, I may be influenced to give a few Sydney locations out by PM to get you guys started :)

G

Gavvvvvin

For some reason I doubt any of my friends would be interested in this :(

pwnpie08

HSC
hey, im in melbourne and ive only seen 1 or 2 things like this. but im left wanting more, what would be some locations you would recomend to a novice/moderate exporer?

Russdog

russell
HSC
yeah i love exploring old shit. who doesn't.

for a few weeks in year 12 we used to go in carloads every night looking for 'haunted houses', in the suburbs around us that have lots of mansions, a lot which are derelict, and we'd find 'em and go exploring. best shit ever, especially ripped.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/173476/haunted-houses-sydney.html

read that thread for more of a story about it.

but yeah, any good places you could recommend in sydney?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)