Uow Or Unsw? (1 Viewer)

Condog

HSC
I was set on doing Civil Engineering at UNSW until i received a phone call today from UOW informing me i had obtained a scholarship to do either Civil Engineering or a double degree of Civil Engineering and Laws. The scholarship would be between $1000 and $3000 each year for the duration of my studies.

I know the feedback might be a bit biased due to the area in which this thread is but i was wondering what you UOWers thought of UOWs engineering and law faculty compared to that of UNSW

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
$1000-$3000 isn't alot of money in the big picture.

It really depepnds on whether you want to do your degree at UOW. Engineering in general at UOW isn't so bad. Although I can't comment on a direct comparison between UOW and UNSW.

Condog

HSC
yeah i realise is doesnt seem like alot of money but anything i get will really help my parents out so its something that weighs fairly heavily on my decision

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
i was in a very similar situation (and still kinda am)...

i was tossing up between doing civil at uow, unsw, usyd and uts...

i had varying offers of scholarships and other features of each so i decided to go back to basics and work out which was simply the best course as seen by those who count, those in industry

accordin to those at "engineer's association or australia" (i think thats wat it was called...) they were a group at the careers expo, they said they recomended UTS or UOW and according to those i talked to at the RTA (who sponsored 2 scholarships i was offered) they said it was much of a muchness between UTS and UOW....

with UOW scoring 2 points and UNSW scoring 0 id say UOW wins.....

thats what im doing at least, just accepted an offer at UOW

either wya, dont let the money impact it too much, $3000 isnt really that much when it comes to a $30, 000 HECS account

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Go to UOW, it's more relaxed and stress free, it's easier to get to and park around, it's got sexier women and basically at the end of it you're guaranteed a job. Just go to UOW. I'm not biased either, well I am, mostly because I went to UNSW and then transferred to UOW and have loved it ever since*

*as much as an alcoholic paralysis can lessen the pain of achieving any tertiary eduation.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Raiks said:
*as much as an alcoholic paralysis can lessen the pain of achieving any tertiary eduation.

hehe, thats what i was told.... "go 2 uow, theyre engineers are the best drinkers in the state"

Condog

HSC
Do you mean pay wise? or in a "boring i hate this job get me out of here" kind of way?

Considering i will also be doing the law degree do you think that would change the job opportunities majorly? I mean that involve both.

santaslayer

HSC
NTB just doesn't have a good view of the subject in general. I don't too. Esp when you look at the contact hours.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
dawso said:
hehe, thats what i was told.... "go 2 uow, theyre engineers are the best drinkers in the state"
UOW does have a very decent drinking culture ingrained in quite a few faculties with engineering leading the way, it's what makes such a social course where you can meet new people and enjoy your time while you do your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)