UNSW vs. USYD (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
Guys,
Is it easier to transfer between courses at USYD or UNSW?
I know USYD puts into account both your ATAR and your performance at uni (which does suck in my case, considering my potential ATAR) but does UNSW do the same?

Thanks! :D

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It's easier to internally transfer at UNSW.

Most people have to go through UAC for USyd.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
for internal transfer in UNSW, you need a WAM of at least 65 in order to change courses. Im not sure about checking your atar, but your performance at uni is checked- so your WAM.

mrh94

HSC
for internal transfer in UNSW, you need a WAM of at least 65 in order to change courses. Im not sure about checking your atar, but your performance at uni is checked- so your WAM.
If it only checks your WAM- UNSW it is :D

inJust

HSC
WHat course are you getting into and what course do you want to get into? Cos it might be competitive etc.

mrh94

HSC
WHat course are you getting into and what course do you want to get into? Cos it might be competitive etc.
Media @UNSW then transfer into Media/Law
OR arts @USYD then transfer into Arts/ Law

So it would be competitive.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Distinction average at least.

Which isn't that hard depending on what subjects you do and how dedicated you are.

so_what

HSC
I believe you need a minimum of an 80 WAM to qualify for an internal transfer to law.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Guys,
Is it easier to transfer between courses at USYD or UNSW?
I know USYD puts into account both your ATAR and your performance at uni (which does suck in my case, considering my potential ATAR) but does UNSW do the same?

Thanks! :D
USYD only counts your tertiary education if you completed a full year and your results are better than your HSC. UNSW they take both no matter what.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
USYD only counts your tertiary education if you completed a full year and your results are better than your HSC. UNSW they take both no matter what.
Oh yeah this.
But you have to apply through UAC most of the time so only a few get to transfer between the two semesters.
(I forgot because my Uni results aren't better. (whoops))

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Oh yeah this.
But you have to apply through UAC most of the time so only a few get to transfer between the two semesters.
(I forgot because my Uni results aren't better. (whoops))
Yeah, if you want to do an internal transfer UNSW is probably the better option if your HSC results were pretty good. But otherwise, I'd go USYD, especially if you want to do law.

mrh94

HSC
Yeah, if you want to do an internal transfer UNSW is probably the better option if your HSC results were pretty good. But otherwise, I'd go USYD, especially if you want to do law.
So USYD would be easier option then? My potential ATAR will be in 80's (I did not push myself this year). So if hypothetically I do better at Uni, going to USYD would be a better option?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
So USYD would be easier option then? My potential ATAR will be in 80's (I did not push myself this year). So if hypothetically I do better at Uni, going to USYD would be a better option?
Going to a uni with an easier course and transfer in. Doesn't really matter, you'll have to go through UAC again anyway.

inJust

HSC
For UNSW, you can apply internal afaik, so this leaves less hassle applying through UAC.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
if you dont get the required WAM in UNSW, then you have to apply through UAC.

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
USYD - through UAC, based on 50% ATAR, 50%- Uni WAM
UNSW- through my unsw (internal website, based on 100% uni WAM (80+ to be competitive), 100 guaranteed internal transfer places for law.
Depends how your ATAR turns out. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)