• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW vs USYD social life (1 Viewer)

Crylias

HSC
From research it seems that both these unis have equally reputable law schools, and hence the decision to choose one falls upon other factors...

Distance is not a deciding factor as both uni's would take a similar amount of time to get to.

I took a liking to UNSW during its open day.. but USYD's new law buildings look sexy, so i can't really decide based on its campus.

I know there probably isn't much difference between the two, and that going to either unis would be just as good.. but i just wanted some opinions of current students as to the social differences of these unis. Also, does elitism run more strongly in USYD.. since i've heard quite a bit about the unwarranted egos of law students.

Thanks

Monsterman

HSC
I heard they dont use the new law building.. They just built it and they still use the old one in the city or something..

i might be wrong though

Demandred

HSC
Also, does elitism run more strongly in USYD.. since i've heard quite a bit about the unwarranted egos of law students.
There is a... poisoness atmosphere in the new law library. The law kiddies are pissed because they no longer have their own exclusive library (which once overlooked Hyde Park) and must share seats with non-law kiddies - Fischer is almost empty now as everyone prefers to hang out at the new law library (I wonder why...) Non-law kiddies are pissed because they've been getting death stares from the law kiddies whenever they sit down in the library.

Monsterman: new law building are for undergrads, the old St James building are still being used for post-grads as a matter of convenience as they work in the nearby firms and study part-time. Some of the undergrad courses which are taught by Judges (like Roman Law) are also held at the St James building because Court Chambers are across the road.

Last edited:

mckensara

HSC
There is a... poisoness atmosphere in the new law library. The law kiddies are pissed because they no longer have their own exclusive library (which once overlooked Hyde Park) and must share seats with non-law kiddies - Fischer is almost empty now as everyone prefers to hang out at the new law library (I wonder why...) Non-law kiddies are pissed because they've been getting death stares from the law kiddies whenever they sit down in the library.

Monsterman: new law building are for undergrads, the old St James building are still being used for post-grads as a matter of convenience as they work in the nearby firms and study part-time. Some of the undergrad courses which are taught by Judges (like Roman Law) are also held at the St James building because Court Chambers are across the road.
haha that is so amusing! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)