UNSW v USYD engineering? (1 Viewer)

sami90210

HSC
Hi all, i want to enrol in civil engineering/arts next year either at unsw or usyd, is there anyone that could tell me which one is more suitable for engineering?
thank you

dasfas

HSC
Both are good, you should pick whether you like semesters or trimesters more

vishnay

God
HSC
Hi all, i want to enrol in civil engineering/arts next year either at unsw or usyd, is there anyone that could tell me which one is more suitable for engineering?
thank you
unsw is better for job prospects according to my friend's dad but only marginally

i would assume semesters are better from what i've heard but if u wanna complete ur degree quicker u can do more courses a year at unsw

dasfas

HSC
unsw is better for job prospects according to my friend's dad but only marginally

i would assume semesters are better from what i've heard but if u wanna complete ur degree quicker u can do more courses a year at unsw
If you're relying on the uni you go to for job prospects, you've done something very wrong

vishnay

God
HSC
If you're relying on the uni you go to for job prospects, you've done something very wrong
this is what i've heard from an engineering manager who looks at resumes and takes into consideration the uni an applicant went to

dasfas

HSC
this is what i've heard from an engineering manager who looks at resumes and takes into consideration the uni an applicant went to
Sure, if the candidates are IDENTICAL, then the engineering manager may go with a uni they are more comfortable with/alumni. But this never happens. Your skills, extracurriculars, grades etc.. are what dictate the success of your application. If you expect someone to be like "Oh wow, you went to XXX uni", you're going to be disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)