UNSW Subject Reviews. (1 Viewer)

UNSWs

HSC
N/A
LOLOLOLOL my goodness[/IMG]
Lol, needs a scumbag Steeve hat.

Yeah I'm on 100% leading into final but that doesn't mean I agree with this pathetic course and am venting the frustration of my friends also.
Take for example Econ1203 last semester, mid semester that followed course content and was returned, a project, online quizzes that also followed course content and provided feedback, and for the final, 2 practice exams.. Yes the exams were similar to the one we were given, but so fucking what, if you went to the effort of going over them and practicing them then you should do well, not be surprised by bullshit 7 answer long questions that I wouldn't even get right with certainty if I had the lecture slides and book right in front of me.
Just test us on the prescribed content/slides, reward us for our effort, if you want us to study harder things then prescribe us harder reading, those that want to score higher will go to the extra effort, don't just try and screw us over after we perfect the actual course content.

Just pathetic, the fact that our tutor couldn't even go over the test questions because they will obviously be re used next year just makes the whole thing even more laughable.

HSC
Uni Grad
I am sure you will be fine with scaling.
I guessed 30/50 questions there :/

Even then, I'm probably going to fail or get a PC for this course. Anyway, can't be stuffed anymore :/

Yeah, forgot the scumbag steve hat. Should put it on next time.

halapenyo

HSC

Even then, I'm probably going to fail or get a PC for this course. Anyway, can't be stuffed anymore :/
what were you on after first three quizzes?

halapenyo

HSC
fuk need to get off and cram for macro on monday. 50 MCQs and 20 marks short answer

UNSWs

HSC
N/A

Yeah, forgot the scumbag steve hat. Should put it on next time.
I like it how they're like, 'to combat the fact that half the cohort is going to fail because of our fuckup quizzes we will now give you either 50/50 exam/quizzes, or 75/25 exam/quizzes', then they go and make the exam exactly like the quizzes that people are failing after not giving any feedback to help those that are struggling to actually understand/practice the quiz type questions. Fail logic, if people are screwing up the quizzes you can weight the exam 100% and it won't change anything, morons.

halapenyo

HSC
i was on 50% after first three quizzes *sigh* (that's if you don't count participation and attendance marks)
i dont think you will fail. if we say you got 8/10 for CP. then that would put you on 28/50 for tutorial component. you would need about 18/50 in the final to get PC.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I like it how they're like, 'to combat the fact that half the cohort is going to fail because of our fuckup quizzes we will now give you either 50/50 exam/quizzes, or 75/25 exam/quizzes', then they go and make the exam exactly like the quizzes that people are failing after not giving any feedback to help those that are struggling to actually understand/practice the quiz type questions. Fail logic, if people are screwing up the quizzes you can weight the exam 100% and it won't change anything, morons.
I reckon the final will be just as hard. Papers had to be submitted weeks ago for approval and printing. If he wrote it while annoyed at being disrupted in lectures, good luck.

The fact that he has changed the assessment criteria now to benefit yous would support this argument (as it is way too late for him to change the exam now).

leeaski

HSC
N/A
that american Korean teacher actually wrote his fucking own texts for the later chapters like capital structures and dividends etc..many of the calculations and examined questions in the final exam can not be found on our text book but only from his notes! I found this out in the last moment by reading his text and prepare myself for his tricky questions..Plus, quite a few questions are just copy/pastes from the practice exams the can be downloaded online, I'm luck enough I found the papers, but didn't work through all of them though. This course instructor is sick, we should be harsh and as critical as possible on the course evaluation!

HSC
Uni Grad
that american Korean teacher actually wrote his fucking own texts for the later chapters like capital structures and dividends etc..many of the calculations and examined questions in the final exam can not be found on our text book but only from his notes! I found this out in the last moment by reading his text and prepare myself for his tricky questions..Plus, quite a few questions are just copy/pastes from the practice exams the can be downloaded online, I'm luck enough I found the papers, but didn't work through all of them though. This course instructor is sick, we should be harsh and as critical as possible on the course evaluation!
FML and CATEI forms for FINS1613 have been closed already. WTF. =_=

leeaski

HSC
N/A
FML I didn't realize it's already closed!! How the fuck can they close the evaluation before exams??? This university is stupid ans sick!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow you commerce cunts complain a lot, I'm doing an engineering course where the lecturer was making up the course outline as the semester went and things frequently switch from being compulsory to uncompulsory and back again.

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow you commerce cunts complain a lot, I'm doing an engineering course where the lecturer was making up the course outline as the semester went and things frequently switch from being compulsory to uncompulsory and back again.
Intermediate Chinese B was like that too. Pretty much changed everything as they went through.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
FML I didn't realize it's already closed!! How the fuck can they close the evaluation before exams???
They are closed before the exam typically for that exact reason (evaluating a course and teaching staff depending upon how easy or hard the exam was).

UNSWs

HSC
N/A
Yeah awesome, sounds highly professional and worth the fee's, should be the standard.. Why would we expect to be provided a definitive syllabus on enrollment and tested on prescribed course content, how unreasonable :s.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Luckily, I already ripped this course up in the CATEI evaluation. In a polite manner, I hinted that the entire course was shit, the textbook was shit, the lecturers were shit, the fact that they didn't hand back the quizzes even though they clearly stated that they would provide substantial student feedback in their course outline was shit, and the only thing that wasn't shit was the tutorials, because two out of three of the tutors were brilliant. In fact, the wonderful tutors were the only reason why I didn't rate the subject 0/10 for every single goddamn category.

@UNSWs: I just love how you're recognizing all of the problems with this course and are voicing those problems, even though you're 100% likely to pass this course and do pretty well in it. Shows that not only those that are failing or doing badly are complaining, and that this course, at least for this semester, absolutely sucks.

mollie_c

HSC
Hi guys,

Anyone done ECON3101 (Market and Public Choice) and ECON3104 (International Macroeconomics)?

Not sure which one to choose for next semester. I did very well in ECON2102 - Intermediate Macro, so would like to pick a course similar etc.

Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)