UNSW or UTS (1 Viewer)

berryblossom

Hi guys,
I'm yr 12 and i wish to do commerce(acctg and fin), but donno wether UNSW or UTS is better. i heard unsw has much better social life but UTS is very practical. how's ur experiences been? wud u choose unsw again if u had the chance? and how r the lecturers?

thanks so much for any comments =)

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
campus wise i personally think unsw is superior. i mean, we actually HAVE a campus as opposed to buildings and stuff. if u like wide open spaces and nicely groomed lawns then unsw is for you. if you like confined office blocks and walls then uts is for you :p
academically i wouldnt be able to say for sure, but unsw has a higher mark to get in (historically) and it just seems to be more respected here

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
unsw is huge...and those stairs...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Some insight...if you plan to do Accounting in future, then go either UNSW or UTS, not much difference..the Big4 firms (PwC, Deloitte, KPMG and E&Y) hire more UNSW graduates than any other uni in NSW, and UTS comes in second

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The campus comparison is a moot point because the Faculty of Business is based in the Markets campus. They have relatively new and excellent facilities, leading technology use and availability, academics highly respected in the field and Market City. :)

UNSW has an excellent school too though, and as Minai said they're about even. The higher number of UNSW graduates employed is easily qualified by the larger number of Faculty of Commerce and Economics graduates from UNSW than Faculty of Business graduates from UTS.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
If you like walking a lot, go to unsw, if you don't go to uts :)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
If you post in the UNSW forum, most people will say go to UNSW.. I say it also depends on where you live.. UNSW was the closest for me--> no choice there:p

SipSip

HSC
N/A
There's not much difference in distance between the schools, but yeah UNSW is big but if you do commerce, you'll probably end up being around the same place most of the time...and if you're like me...you'll only be in the quad once a week since that only tuts are compulsory... ^^

Job wise, i think UNSW has a higher success rate but only just, but i mean, if you're a HD student, anywhere will hire you...just gotta work hard...

But yeah, UNSW is nice...hope to see u there next yr ^^

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Minai said:
Some insight...if you plan to do Accounting in future, then go either UNSW or UTS, not much difference..the Big4 firms (PwC, Deloitte, KPMG and E&Y) hire more UNSW graduates than any other uni in NSW, and UTS comes in second
why is that?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
its just statistics...its probably a mixture of things, including the fact that UNSW and UTS grads shine in the interviews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)