Unsw Or Uts (1 Viewer)

Beetle

HSC
Hey Guys,

I got my UAI today and i got 95 (which I'm stoked about) and was just wondering what to put as my first preference.. it either from:

1 - Bachelor of Business UTS (89.15)
2 - Bachelor of Commerce UNSW (93)

Can you guys tell me which one is better, besides being bias and just telling me that UNSW has a higher UAI than UTS.

Im confused lOLz

heLP~!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
uts has a much easier first year course. my mates at uts business shat all over it without doing any study. the stuff they learn isnt as detailed as unsw, not that it means anything. at the end of the day a business degree is a business degree.

but with that said, they have more core subjects at uts. at unsw you gotta do accounting, economics and introductory econometrics. at uts you gotta do accounting, economics, statistics, marketing and management. i think you have to do information systems too but i may be wrong.

if you want to major in accounting, uts is pretty good to go to. most cadets go there because its close. check your major preferences because unsw offers more majors in commerce.

drmix

HSC
N/A
wat abt usyd?!

i say unsw...coz they have nice new buildings

but...mainly...U GET TO MAKE UR OWN TIMETABLE!...-ish...

i reckon thats a big bonus that ppls dont tell u

vgs

HSC
yeh..unsw or uts..everyone keeps saying different things i dont know who to believe!

HSC
the other uni's dont have compulsry maths courses, they generally only got stats, unsw has both calc and stats (QMA/QMB)

now that first year unsw is over for me, i LOVE it. the grounds are sexy, i have had nothing but positive, motivated, helpful lecturers/tutors, the postgrad tutors will go out of their way too help you. i never liked usyd/uts tbh

Capitalist

HSC
I think its hard not to be bias in this situation.

I chose UNSW over UTS because *my* perception was that UNSW had a better business faculty than UTS. But based on what my intern-friends tell me, in terms of employability, at least it accounting, it's quite equal.

So maybe you should consider other factors as well, such as which campus you prefer, travel, the social activities offered, etc.

HSC
ive talked to my friends at uts, they love it there too. what would be a good idea is to sneak into lectures, about half way into year 12 i got my hands onto my mates timetable (year above me), i sneaked into lectures and saw which i liked the teaching style better. unsw appealed too me most.

ditto.

HSC
Why put this in the UNSW forum? Of course you'll get biased responses.

Very silly.

Anyway, go to USYD.

HSC
aye, i worked in a recruitment firm. they look out for major unis like unsw, uts, usyd, macq/gong. if you went too like notre dam or something random they might be less inclined (only a might). but ican tell you for sure when i worked at the recruitment firm job experience was more important

xxPanDa

HSC

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
Casmira said:
ive talked to my friends at uts, they love it there too. what would be a good idea is to sneak into lectures, about half way into year 12 i got my hands onto my mates timetable (year above me), i sneaked into lectures and saw which i liked the teaching style better. unsw appealed too me most.
I think that'd depend more on which lecturer you got.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Beetle said:
Hey Guys,

I got my UAI today and i got 95 (which I'm stoked about) and was just wondering what to put as my first preference.. it either from:

1 - Bachelor of Business UTS (89.15)
2 - Bachelor of Commerce UNSW (93)

Can you guys tell me which one is better, besides being bias and just telling me that UNSW has a higher UAI than UTS.

Im confused lOLz

heLP~!
why even bother doing business at uni? i mean come on business haha its sooo fucking broad...basically everything is a business...even hillsong...their business is property investment...

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
The University of New South Wales

its simply the BEST! really lovely people who are friendly, excellent facilities and scenic grounds, awesome!

its the g8 option out of the two as well

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Umm... don't know if any one of you's realised or not... this thread was made almost a year ago? I'm sure the tread starter has already made his/her choice..... D:

Pace_T

HSC
soopacow said:
Umm... don't know if any one of you's realised or not... this thread was made almost a year ago? I'm sure the tread starter has already made his/her choice..... D:
and hopefully he/she has chosen uts so that means there's one less fucker infesting the already overpopulated shitty uni :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)