unsw or usyd? (1 Viewer)

lordesf

HSC
Hey

im having a real hard itme deciding which?

Which actually has the better teaching etc for commerce?

For those at unsw and usyd would be nice if u could list a few quik adv and disadv of studying comerce their...

i saw some ranking tht unsw is ranked 2nd ad usyd ranked 4th for business , so i assume it is true unsw has better comerce than usyd?

08er

HSC
Whichever you're closer to makes sense

lordesf

HSC
ahah their exactly the same s it doesnt make much difernce,

but if u were me which would u pick?

lionking1191

HSC
lordesf said:
ahah their exactly the same s it doesnt make much difernce,

but if u were me which would u pick?
unsw.

because u get actuary major.

and usyd got savaged in the 2009 Good Unis Guide

lordesf

HSC
REALLY?what did ti say? or wat was bad about it?

could u link me?

08er

HSC
just lower graduate salary, below average teaching standards etc (compared to unsw)

lordesf

HSC
im looking at the gooduniguide now...
it seems usyd didnt participate inmany of these ratings? cause i dont see sydney in many of the comparisons

so how would u no it is? haha

08er

HSC
did you register on the gooduniguide? i think thats the only way to see the ratings of each uni

lionking1191

HSC
08er said:
did you register on the gooduniguide? i think thats the only way to see the ratings of each uni
lol usyd got below UWS for some mentions, thats gotta kill.

lordesf

HSC
which mention in particular?

and yes i did register...

im loooking at the factors to compare and usyd seems not on the list for many of these comparions...

HSC
GoodUni Guide is shit and 08ers should stop giving uni advice.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
I went UNSW as the differentiating factor for me was the fact that you can choose your own subjects and timetables online quite flexibly whilst I heard choices etc. in USyd were very limited (with part-time loading not even possible).

UNSW apparently has a better reputation for commerce but when jousting for the top jobs from what I've seen Usyd is, for all intensive purposes, on equal footing. (Though I would much prefer UNSW for any sort of post-grad program related to commerce)

So yes. Consider or not whether you want that flexibility in subjects there, if so it's a no brainer. Otherwise you should probably visit both on open days and inspect the classrooms and campus and see what you prefer (unsw have a few quite nice and very modern new buildings built within the last few years, I'm not sure about usyd so you'd have to go see for yourself)

Quality of teaching and all that gab varies enormously on a subject-by-subject, academic-by-academic basis so I wouldn't worry excessively about it.

Don't bother talking to academics about anything subjective..

lordesf

HSC
Vagabond said:
I went UNSW as the differentiating factor for me was the fact that you can choose your own subjects and timetables online quite flexibly whilst I heard choices etc. in USyd were very limited (with part-time loading not even possible).

UNSW apparently has a better reputation for commerce but when jousting for the top jobs from what I've seen Usyd is, for all intensive purposes, on equal footing. (Though I would much prefer UNSW for any sort of post-grad program related to commerce)

So yes. Consider or not whether you want that flexibility in subjects there, if so it's a no brainer. Otherwise you should probably visit both on open days and inspect the classrooms and campus and see what you prefer (unsw have a few quite nice and very modern new buildings built within the last few years, I'm not sure about usyd so you'd have to go see for yourself)

Quality of teaching and all that gab varies enormously on a subject-by-subject, academic-by-academic basis so I wouldn't worry excessively about it.

Don't bother talking to academics about anything subjective..
Thanks! very decent response!

so now i know unsw = flexibility

unluky thiing is im overseas and only ocming ba on the 2nd Feb so id be missing all the open days... unfortunately so im tyring to make it on the basis of ppls recomendation etc evej though its subjective its the only option i have

cepat

HSC
I hada look at another site that seems to be part of GoodUniGuide.com.au which rates USyd as better than UNSW for teaching and a fwe other areas. It also rated USyd better overall than UNSW but I think these are student ratings rather than official ones from the other site. :headbang:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
seriously just go on site and have a look at the campus itself

it doesnt need to be an open day which you do it.

man up

lordesf

HSC
yeh the issue is im currently overseas,and i never been to both uni's so i sort of need to make a decisin based on ppls perspection (i know its biased but its my only option)

lordesf

HSC
Umm ok some guy told me this:

alexvincent said:
I'd even choose Macquarie over USyd for Comm. Comm @ USyd sucks balls.
Had a face to face with recruiters from the finance industry. They tell me employers rate comm/business degrees as follows:

UNSW/MQ > USyd/UTS > UWS > ....
This is VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, can anyone verify if this is correct?
Does usyd commerce really suck tht much in both general and from the persception of the recruiters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)