unsw or usyd? (1 Viewer)

JuliaGulia07

HSC
just got my UAI and did better than i expected so now im considering applying for usyd as well. i want to do environmental science and my first preference at the moment is unsw with a cut off of 80.5 and i got 82.20. The cut off for usyd is 83.00 and im not sure if i should add it and put it as my first preference just in case i stand a chance.

id just like to know which of these unis is better for science overall? i know its a broad question but id like to hear peoples opinions and personal experiences.

the course goes for 4 years at unsw and 3 years at usyd...

thanks in advance :)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
I can't speak for environmental science specifically, having studied chemistry and biology at USYD-for a year-but believe that USYD have an edge over UNSW if you compare the science faculties of USYD and UNSW.
If your UAI is that close to USYD cut-off from last year, and you'd rather go to USYD than UNSW if you can, I would recommend you to put it as a preference!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
If you're considering applying for BSc (Environmental Science) at USyd I'd recommend it as superior to the one in UNSW; however, be aware that your year is the last year to undertake the course, as it is no longer being offered from 2009 (I think). That doesn't mean anything in regards to teaching quality, but just a thought.

(I'm in the same boat.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)