UNSW or USYD for Aeronautical Engineering (1 Viewer)

shanks27

HSC
hi i am currently in yr 12 and looking at doing Aeronautical engineering next year. I am looking to work in motorsport as an aerodynamist and have been advised by people in the indrustry that aeronautical engineering is the degree to go for.

Which Uni has a better degree USYD or UNSW?

i am looking to do straight Aeronautical/Aerospace engineering and NOT the space dicipline at USYD

any advice would be great

doink

Clone
HSC
You will not get a job as an aerodynamicist for any motorsport group. There are none in australia and overseas people have their own engineers they will hire over you. Sorry to break the news to you.

shanks27

HSC
thanks for that helpful advice...but the numerous Australian Engineers in motorsport overseas, some of which work in aero, and who gained their degrees in australia seem to differ from your view

doink

Clone
HSC
yes well its a long road to ruin but to answer your question do the degree at unsw because then you get to apply it to space which grants you greater knowledge on the subject.

shanks27

HSC
well i will only know if i try. Thanks though. I went to the UNSW open day today and the course seems alot better then at USYD, looking at doing Eng/Comm as well and that looks much better at UNSW

born to fly

HSC
N/A
yea UNSW and USYD look OK. I went to the USYD open day and had a go on the flight sim. This looks more interesting to me, but I'm more practical and hate accounting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)