UNSW open day. (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah cos he talked about the ATAR's that were getting into med, but barely mentioned rural entry the whole time (I thought he should have mentioned that entries were already closed) so I had to ask at the end. Verbatim "we have accepted 91's [v. high UMAT obviously] but mostly around mid 90's, 96/97"..at least that's what I heard him say lol.
Actually...what was the first 15 mins of lecture? I came in when he was talking about the time taken to become a doctor.

Yeah the subjects go alright..except stupid compulsory religion :burn:
Agreed on the subjects (what school do you go to?)

I'm sure that I've seen UNSW accept rural students with lower ATARs but at least have a half decent UMAT result as well. As the universities understand that those from rural areas are underprivileged and often only have self motivation driving them. Good Luck!

astroe

HSC
LOL.
Speaking of rural, that reminds me about what my friends and I were discussing the other day.

"I should be able to apply for rural disadvantage, I live in Warwick Farm, its called Warwick FARM for a reason." :haha:

0hNivlek

HSC
woops accidentally went formal shopping at pitt street with my group so we missed the open day. LOL.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lol namu's a CELEBRITY
Did anyone happen to go to the Computer Science lecture? Richard Buckland's amazing.
Can't think of any other notable things, except the epic Jenga game :haha:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Oh, for the Co-op lecture, I was the guy that asked about double degrees and about definite work placement after graduation.
I was the one who asked if you could hold other scholarships as well as co-op, if you were offered them of course :)

Hahaha yeah the med lecturer made a similar joke about Richmond I think "if you actually go there you will see why it's rural" lol
That place is so blank.

the last guy got owned lol
And it was even funnier because they were full analysing it XD

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I was the one who asked if you could hold other scholarships as well as co-op, if you were offered them of course :)

That place is so blank.

And it was even funnier because they were full analysing it XD
I'm quite sure you would be able to. When I apply for UNCLE next year, there are wayy too many scholarships I'm eligible for and there is only 1 scholarship which I can't get if I am made a UNISS scholar (get the UNISS scholarship)... I hope I get the UNISS one! :p

Good luck with it.

Miz Janani

HSC
Thinking of a Career in Business (faculty lecture – 1hr)
09:30 – 10:30
Law at UNSW (faculty lectures – 30 mins)
10:50 – 11:20
Marketing
12:10 – 12:40
Social Science
13:30 – 14:00
Optomitery
2.50 ? (wasn't planned)

These are the ones that i went to :)
Did anyone see an indian girl at any of these?
I was also sitting under the tree on the science lawn at one point for 50 minutes -.-

moke

HSC
Marketing
Social Science
Optomitery
2.50 ? (wasn't planned)

I was also sitting under the tree on the science lawn at one point for 50 minutes -.-
trying to find an indian girl anywhere at unsw is like trying to find a grain of sand at the beach...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'm quite sure you would be able to. When I apply for UNCLE next year, there are wayy too many scholarships I'm eligible for and there is only 1 scholarship which I can't get if I am made a UNISS scholar (get the UNISS scholarship)... I hope I get the UNISS one! :p

Good luck with it.
They said you're allowed to hold other scholarship so long as it doesn't interfer with the requirement for co-op (so pretty much everything non work experience related you can hold as well) and if you get Scientia as well you get a bit less XD

daniieee

HSC

Marketing

Social Science
Optomitery
2.50 ? (wasn't planned)

I went to those two lectures as well! =] I was also sitting on the Scientia Lawn for about an hour lol, at around 1-2pm. I wasn't near the tree though - I was sitting near the corner nearest the civil & engineering building entrance. Distinguishing features of me that day were my yellow handbag & hair ribbon, tight black jacket & skinny jeans. Did anyone happen to see me?

Miz Janani

HSC
I went to those two lectures as well! =] I was also sitting on the Scientia Lawn for about an hour lol, at around 1-2pm. I wasn't near the tree though - I was sitting near the corner nearest the civil & engineering building entrance. Distinguishing features of me that day were my yellow handbag & hair ribbon, tight black jacket & skinny jeans. Did anyone happen to see me?
With the business one..

I was kind of making lots of noise, trying to organise myself because we ran into the lecture llate, and had like heaps of flyers >.>

Maybe you heard me >.<

daniieee

HSC
With the business one..

I was kind of making lots of noise, trying to organise myself because we ran into the lecture llate, and had like heaps of flyers >.>

Maybe you heard me >.<
Did you come in through the left? There were a group of girls who came in late and yeah they made a lot of noise lol. I think they ended up sitting right at the back. I was also late though, and almost tripped on the steps. Smooth lol.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
They said you're allowed to hold other scholarship so long as it doesn't interfer with the requirement for co-op (so pretty much everything non work experience related you can hold as well) and if you get Scientia as well you get a bit less XD
+ You can get a $5000 one off bonus if you get the Scientia Scholarship as well :)
and if you get the AAA (if you're going to get scientia, most likely your principal will elect you for this as well), you'll get $34000 total in the first year. omg.

They call it the 'trifecta' lol

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
+ You can get a $5000 one off bonus if you get the Scientia Scholarship as well :)
and if you get the AAA (if you're going to get scientia, most likely your principal will elect you for this as well), you'll get $34000 total in the first year. omg.

They call it the 'trifecta' lol
That would be a dream come true... albeit an unrealistic dream :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)