ATAR: 99.45

Unbonded
YAY
I'm rural,
Offer:yes
UMAT:91
ATAR: 93.85

unbonded omg

Congrats on the offers!!!! :D And if you intend on taking them, I'd like to say welcome to UNSW med woooo :")

I'm a current student, and this goes to anyone on the thread, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want a link to the Facebook group; or feel free to post any questions in the thread and I will get to them! :)

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
what is unbonded
25% of med offers (for those who don't perform quite as well as the other 75%) come with the condition that you have to sign a contract saying you agree to work for a year in an area of shortage after you graduate (usually means working for a year in a rural area at some point)
Those 25% are called bonded offers, the rest are unbonded. Unbonded is universally considered better than bonded because it has no strings attached.

Used to be you had to do it for the same amount of years as your med degree though :/

m_wahwah

HSC
N/A
Questions for those of you who have enrolled/are already in the course:

Is it one subject per teaching period? (ie Foundations in the first teaching period, Beginnings, Growth & Development A in second teaching period, etc?)
Also, I'm assuming it's two teaching periods per semester?
And lastly, have the timetables for the subjects been released yet? I can't seem to find mine online.

medstud

HSC
Questions for those of you who have enrolled/are already in the course:

Is it one subject per teaching period? (ie Foundations in the first teaching period, Beginnings, Growth & Development A in second teaching period, etc?)
Also, I'm assuming it's two teaching periods per semester?
And lastly, have the timetables for the subjects been released yet? I can't seem to find mine online.

That's correct; you'll be doing Foundies for the first half of semester, then BGDA for the second half. Then in semester 2 you'll do two more modules (Health Maintenance A and Ageing and Endings B)

Your timetable will come out on our eMed system closer to the start of semester, I don't have a screenshot of the typical timetable handy (on mobile) but if you ask on the cohort facebook page someone might help you out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)