UNSW Medicine Interviews (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
polythenepam5 said:
Yes it could. Not to mention how some of that percent will turn up wearing the exact same clothing because some medicine entry program told them what to say and how to look. I've heard horror stories.

I forget how many rural places there are. Around 40?
There are 25% rural places. Whats the total that get in?

I wonder how many rural interviews they do?

polythenepam5

felidae
HSC
I wonder that too Kloudsurfer. Rural unity!

... Ignore.

But does that mean that the ratio of non-rural interviews to non-rural placements is the same as the ratio of rural interviews to rural placements.

It'd have to be fair, so I'm guessing so.

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
polythenepam5 said:
I wonder that too Kloudsurfer. Rural unity!

... Ignore.

But does that mean that the ratio of non-rural interviews to non-rural placements is the same as the ratio of rural interviews to rural placements.

It'd have to be fair, so I'm guessing so.
Justine Brindle said in an email i got that she had over 300 applications for the rural scheme. You could assume about 50-75 didn't come up with a good up the enough score, and if you go by their stats, another 50 or so (possible more) will take offers in their home state, seriously opening up the 49 places (i think) available

**Disclaimer as this may just be a crock of shit***

kloudsurfer

HSC
BA22 said:
Justine Brindle said in an email i got that she had over 300 applications for the rural scheme. You could assume about 50-75 didn't come up with a good up the enough score, and if you go by their stats, another 50 or so (possible more) will take offers in their home state, seriously opening up the 49 places (i think) available

**Disclaimer as this may just be a crock of shit***
300 applicants or they are interviewing 300 people?

Cos 300 applicants seems like nothing!

shepwarp

HSC
Wooz said:
The email letter states around "370" will be interviewed for for first round and 100 for late round(this round normally get's the people who's uai's were under-estimated, the people in this round are usually the 98+ UAI people who had lower estimates).
And what about the later round of interstaters? :p Perhaps another 30 making the 370 up to 400?

I'm pretty sure I have read it is about 500 on the website... so let's not kick up a fuss over 30 interview places Wooz... but... just so that you are happy... I recalculated it and with 470 interviews for 196 places there is a 41.7% chance you will get in.

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
300 applicants or they are interviewing 300 people?

Cos 300 applicants seems like nothing!
300 applications she said

for 49? places

They claim that only 5% interviewed take a spot there (interstate applicants)

I'm in that boat, if i get offered at monash, i'll inform them that i don't want an interview

Last edited:

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
Zazo said:
I didn't get an interview...it so depressed me, oh well maybe i'll get a chance in Jan. i think i stuffed up in the umat and my teacher pridicted me a UAI of 97 !!!! oh well :(
Yep, you still have a chance, as long as you stay focused

Did you check out UTAS? UNCLE? It's nice to focus on other unis so at least you feel as though you're being proactive about the process

beentherdunthat

HSC
Zazo said:
I didn't get an interview...it so depressed me, oh well maybe i'll get a chance in Jan. i think i stuffed up in the umat and my teacher pridicted me a UAI of 97 !!!! oh well :(
Late round interviews... There's about 100 places apparently for them. So work your ass off, and get a high UAI.

... Anyone looking to apply for UWS?

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Late round interviews... There's about 100 places apparently for them. So work your ass off, and get a high UAI.

... Anyone looking to apply for UWS?
Yep i applied to UWS and got my parents to pay the extortionate $110.00 accomadation application fee too. I've applied to 6 unis - Monash, UNSW, UAdel, UNCLE, UWS and UTAS

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
If you discuss your interview experiences, it provides your competition with an advantage therefore I suggest you be careful in regards to the information you provide to other applicants.

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
Bacilli said:
If you discuss your interview experiences, it provides your competition with an advantage therefore I suggest you be careful in regards to the information you provide to other applicants.
We're not that cutthroat, are we?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I guess not.. its funny cos the biggest sucesses that i know in med and in high school use to share their notes... cos ppl reciprocate... but i think its up to u.. there are soooooooo many medical places compared to lik 5-6 yrs ago.. i think its about 600 more.. so like noone cares..

and if u are truly a caring person... wouldnt it be hypocritical?

shepwarp

HSC
I think Bacilli has a point. I generally tend to share my assignments and notes... but because of it there is this girl in my class who is reasonably bright and she is probably going to get dux of the school because she has been copying my maths and physics assignments. I know it doesn't matter that much, but it is a little irritating.

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
But is the girl going to be dux because of your notes? and if your notes are so good, why aren't you going to be dux - seeing as you did write them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)