Unsw Med First Round Interviews!! (1 Viewer)

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Well. Its official.
I got the email saying i did NOT get an interview and that i should concentrate on getting a higher UAI to be considered for the late round. *sigh* *sniff*

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Hahah I like the way they turned it into something positive.
I don't. The false sense of cheer is really annoying, especially when you know they just want to prevent those suicides. Not that I'm considering it or anything! :rolleyes:

turtle_2468

HSC
yes, the ppl named above are doing med. I know that I'm happy to take most q's about med that don't take too much time/effort to reply to :p And I'm sure the others would be happy to help out as well..

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Hey I know this has been discussed time and time again, but could I just have a confirmation on interview questions:

Can they or are they likely to ask us about major world events/current issues/medical stuffs? I'm getting mixed answers from people, but the general consensus seems that they will ask me about my personal life more than anything else...

Furthermore, do they ask us much about why we wanna study at their particular university? Because in the application, they asked us that and my answer was vague, i.e. "it's prestigious, it rocks, etc.." - not quite in those words, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

nanly

when do uz actually get your predicted uais?
i thought they prediction happened early in the year so u would of known by now?

turtle_2468

HSC
mostly personal life. If you put another thing up as second pref, then maybe they'll ask you why you want to do med as opposed to whatever that is... or something... just make sure you're familiar with the cv you wrote in case you made up something :p

I hate assignments.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
as of now, i've confirmed 3 interviewees from Sydney Boys'... Suvat, Jumbo and myself... Go High!
hey wenhui make that4!! ha Im so happy!! I got the interview cause they increased the quota of interviewees..check it out~

Dear Applicant

The Faculty of Medicine is pleased to offer you an interview in theselection process for Medicine at UNSW in 2004. We have been able toslightly increase the number of interviews to be held, and therefore we areable to make this late offer to you. The interviews are being held nextweek (29 September to 3 October 2003 inclusive). Please read the following
information carefully. You may wish to print it out for easier reference.We are also sending you a printed version of this email in the post today.

Thank you God!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
NIIIIII!!CE ONE BRUVA!
congrats!

Score:
SBHS - 4
SGHS - 4
JR - 40+??? (wtF!?!)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
Score:
SBHS - 4
SGHS - 4
JR - 40+??? (wtF!?!)[/size]
Fort Street also has 4, perhaps more (I'm not one of them). When looking at Ruse, though, try to remember that the interview offers lean heavily on predicted UAI. Ruse knocks all their "predictions" above 98, so it's plain to see why they have so many interviewers. Most of them get knocked back though.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Ruse knocks all their "predictions" above 98, so it's plain to see why they have so many interviewers.
Considering the median UAI at JR is ~99, it seems justified. :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
nah i doubt it
im pretty sure we gave out big quotas of 99 predictions as well

so we got 4 outta like 40 hmmm
lots more people fighting for the high uai courses now :(

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Is this interview a matter of pass or fail like UMAT was? Like, say I did awesome in UMAT, but stuff up the interview (such that it places me in the bottom half) and yet I kill the HSC and get 99-100 UAI... :cool:

will the interview CULL people altogether? or will they be able to make amends in the HSC? considering all 3 parts are meant to be of equal weighting, it really makes you think... :confused:

Saul

*ss
HSC
i don't think you can fuck up one, but you can do averagely in one, really well in the others and still get in

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Yeah but my point is that what they might do is eliminate say 100-200 interviewees on the basis of poor interview performance, just like they cut lotsa people out of the 3000 who applied for UNSW through UMAT.

You also must remember that there'll be second round offers for interviews to those who get remarkable UAIs.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Fort Street also has 4, perhaps more (I'm not one of them). When looking at Ruse, though, try to remember that the interview offers lean heavily on predicted UAI. Ruse knocks all their "predictions" above 98, so it's plain to see why they have so many interviewers. Most of them get knocked back though.
A guy in my school got a predicted UAI of 100. He didn't get an invite. I got a predicted UAI of 98, got an interview. I doubt that they're giving out invites on predictions...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Skywalker
A guy in my school got a predicted UAI of 100. He didn't get an invite. I got a predicted UAI of 98, got an interview. I don't think they're going on predictions...
I got a prediction of 99, no interview. :rolleyes:

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)