Unsw Law (1 Viewer)

4jess7lov

HSC
last year UNSW law cut-off was 99.3

ppl seem to think it may go down a bit

what do YOU think the uai cut-off will be this year?

shoot

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
^ I agree

Seeing as I have no idea, i'm gonna say down, purely for the fact that I know that's what you want to hear, so you'll have false hope of getting in. But really, it can go either way

georgefren

HSC
Be about the same, surely. Might move up or down by .05, but thats it.

dp624

HSC
look, if youre under cutoff
put it anyways
you might get it

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
4jess7lov said:
more places means lower uai to get in
...so you answered your own question?

Also, at the open day they were talking about a preferential transfer system in UNSW.

If you got a UAI between 97.00 and the 2009 cut-off and maintain an average over 70 in your first year of uni you are guaranteed transfer into law. Seeing as you have to do a combined degree, you'll just do more of the other course in your first year, and then less in the second/third etc, and the combined degree should still be the same length as if you got in straight out of high school.

lionking1191

HSC
4jess7lov said:
more places means lower uai to get in
not if those places are international full fee paying

im saying 99.30, no change. its possible to be offered a place if u miss out by very little, eg. late round etc. and there's always the internal transfer option. 70WAM shuldnt be too hard

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
did you make this thread only so to receive answers that you WANTED to hear?

georgefren

HSC
There will be marginally more places. But the UAI cutoffs are about supply and demand - and fluctuations in numbers of people applying are much more likely to affect the cut off then the very small increase in places, especially when considering international fullfee paying students.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
simonloo said:
did you make this thread only so to receive answers that you WANTED to hear?
Got it in one.

As i said, there is not one answer that we could give that would satisfy her.

Historically there is very little deviation at the top but at the end of the day its just speculation.

wil123

HSC
I rekn it will be considerably lower due to the government getting rid of the domestic fee paying positions for the first time, in 2009. In saying that, i have no idea how many positions were offered to DFEE students in the past.. it might not be much at all, so as to lower the uai cut-off. There could also be other factors which will counteract this change...?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
One of the other factors you NEED to consider is the increased demand for Combined Law this year. From the Info Day 09, we were told that there were 1200+ people vying for 248 CSP Places at USYD alone. There will be some fluctuations but I doubt it will be heading in the direction of South.

For UNSW Info Day 09, we were mainly told about the new transfer system in place for Combined Law which is being implemented starting next year. Not once did they mention how many people were applying, but I suspect the numbers are similar.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)