• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Info day! (1 Viewer)

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Im going to unsw info day too :) there is a 'plan my day' section on the info day website and you can choose what you want to do, eg. law talks, campus tours, student exchange. So basically just stick to the schedule you make and it should be fine. im going to listen to a medicine talk then go on a campus tour. ive heard theres a lot of freebies :D so bring a bag #trueasian
going to open day 4 years b4 uni #trueasian xD

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Good thing about Info Day is that there are talks which will help you get in sync with what is around you and what uni will be like.

Another good thing is that you can talk to many different representatives from schools from each faculty. It will really help you to get to know what you might expect once you start uni and some helpful tips about knowing the differences between a few programs you have in mind (say you can't distinguish between two or three programs which you want to do) and how to pick the program that will suit you best.

Now that you are in Year 12, you will find it helpful, but I must say the students starting uni in 2015 will find it most helpful out of anyone there.

Info day is worth the time especially for students entering uni next year and are not 100% sure about their decision on what to study.

For a year 10 student it is still helpful to get an idea of what you want to do in uni later on, however you still have a few years ahead to figure out what you want to do so its not vital to go now. Also it might help you determine fields which you do/don't want to enter. Its not too early to start researching though and I knew I wanted to become an Engineer after going to an open day at a different uni in year 10.

Open Day would be a bit more suitable for a year 10 student as the focus won't be entirely on year 12 students, but both would be helpful and I recommend you to go to as many as possible when you get the chance (as I said its not too early to start researching and figuring out what you want to do). Do remember that for Info Day there is little time for students who just finished their HSC to finalise their main round preferences so this is why there may be a bit more focus on students who just finished their HSC.

turntaker

HSC
I am going. Who else is actually going

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)