• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW gym (1 Viewer)

micuzzo

HSC
hi

Im wondering what the UNSW gym is like, that is, im mainly concerned with the weights section. Is it a good gym with enough machines for everyone? how big is it?

thanks

Uncle

Banned
HSC
$12 for single visit.
$96 for 10 visits.

The gym equipment just suffices.
The only thing it's missing or I don't recall seeing is some form of a kicking/punching bag for those who are in Muay Thai, kickboxing, etc.
There's pretty much always one machine for every part of the body you wish to work out on, e.g. one machine works out your trapezoidal muscles, another for biceps and the usual gym standard equipment such as dumbells, weights, treadmills and more.
Weights for many machines come in 10kg increments, 10 to 120+, don't remember exact figures.
There are showers if you wish to freshen up too.

Everytime I go to the gym it's not that crowded, if you can't work on your trapezoids why not work out on your biceps in the meantime. There's always a machine you could work on.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
$12 for single visit.
$96 for 10 visits.

The gym equipment just suffices.
The only thing it's missing or I don't recall seeing is some form of a kicking/punching bag for those who are in Muay Thai, kickboxing, etc.
There's pretty much always one machine for every part of the body you wish to work out on, e.g. one machine works out your trapezoidal muscles, another for biceps and the usual gym standard equipment such as dumbells, weights, treadmills and more.
Weights for many machines come in 10kg increments, 10 to 120+, don't remember exact figures.
There are showers if you wish to freshen up too.

Everytime I go to the gym it's not that crowded, if you can't work on your trapezoids why not work out on your biceps in the meantime. There's always a machine you could work on.
Is that a good price? 12 dollars per visit does sound alot...

What about the monthly/quarterly/half-yearly/yearly ticket? Surely, it should exist...right?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^how much is fitness first?

I am considering gym but uni gym would be way more convenient in terms of saving time right? I mean...it's at uni so i can go there whenever i hit uni

Uncle

Banned
HSC
yes there are other quarterly/monthly/annual visit discounts but i dont remember exact figures.

fitness first is $20.
equipment is similar, but fitness first is slightly more modern.
your call.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
^how much is fitness first?

I am considering gym but uni gym would be way more convenient in terms of saving time right? I mean...it's at uni so i can go there whenever i hit uni
Nah i was referring to Anytime Fitness | Sydney City,NSW Health Club 2000| Convenient and affordable 24-hour, co-ed fitness club

When it first opened it was $40 a month, not sure how much it is atm. It's open 24/7

Yeah, it's more convenient going to a uni gym though as long as the price difference isn't too much. Your saving on public transport/fuel going to a uni gym anyway.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Sports UNSW Membership Prices

more info on the Unigym.
There are plenty of equipments for people to use. However, whenever I went it was ~9am and there weren't relatively that many people.

@Uncle: there is a boxing bag near the pushups/situps area with all the gym balls. Albeit, there is only one,, there is one nontheless.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ohh right. thanks

I am just interested in gym to get fit - not overally big or anything. I have found that exercising around house area is not that effective even though I have become way more fit than I was before...

If I am looking for like light commitment, should I get like tickets that go for certain number of entries or the one that goes for certain duration?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
just go for a run and get fit that way... its free
hahahahahaha. That's the golden answer.

However, it's really a matter of motivation when it comes to getting fit and etc. I really cannot get motivated enough at home. I get too distracted.

Tim035

HSC
Typically just before semester starts up again they have some pretty awesome deals like $300 for the semester.

micuzzo

HSC
thanks for the info ppl...[yes this was initially my thread lol] i saw the prices its not bad at all... only that being so cheap i sortat think it will not b that great... oh well i guess ill just hav to take a look..

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
It is still a good gym. albeit, smaller than your commercial gyms .. it still does its job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)