UNSW Computing forum (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
underthesun said:
yeehaa

anybody going to volunteer sending this to stu-announce? except you wont have any idea what the staff will say about it, and their responses etc..
I dare you to. And include your forum nick in the message ...

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
what mailing list do you have to use?

I was going to use a gmail account, but I havent got the message yet...

(it was sent to all-students)

edit: from the cse help site:

Official announcements for students.
whoops, i think i sent to the wrong place :/

yrophet

HSC
N/A
Well I got your email :)
2nd year elec eng/comp sci

First impression these forums seem really slow... I guess it is peak HSC time atm though

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
amazing! even though I sent it much earlier, seems like mails to stu-announce gets filtered beforehand..

anyhow, welcome!

I'm pretty sure it's gonna get more crowded in here soon, as the exposure gets up.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
yrophet said:
First impression these forums seem really slow... I guess it is peak HSC time atm though
They'll speed up again in a week or so when we aren't being bombarded by crazed HSC students.

yrophet

HSC
N/A
yeah hopefully this will be active
Vbulletin >> WebCMS forum ;)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
well we had some pretty active class forums (comp1711 forum, comp1721 forums), but couldn't really count on it to last after the course finishes could we ;)

but even worse is webct :/

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol yeah the 1711 forum was so much more active than the 1011 forums, which was pretty much empty through out the session except for the week before an assignment was due...lol

Netsnipe

underthesun said:
amazing! even though I sent it much earlier, seems like mails to stu-announce gets filtered beforehand..

anyhow, welcome!

I'm pretty sure it's gonna get more crowded in here soon, as the exposure gets up.
Yes they do. We don't want just anyone to have the ability to spam every CSE student. Actually, I'm quite perplexed that the moderator on duty at the time let this message go through considering we've already got a student mailing list called stu-forum.

To add yourself:
$ mlalias -a stu-forum $USER

And no, this forum probably isn't going to get crowded for several reasons since CSE students who love to procrastinate tend to spend their time on

#compsoc and #revue on irc.unsw.compsoc.net
or reside on the CSE Revue Social mailing list.

So enjoy your spike in the traffic stats while it lasts = P

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Actually, I'm quite perplexed that the moderator on duty at the time let this message go through considering we've already got a student mailing list called stu-forum.
maybe because I sent one to all-students and one to soc-announce? ;)

I actually submitted myself to stu-forum a while ago. Along with many other mailing lists, which seems very inactive, then all of a sudden I got 14 mails about "the difference between geeks and nerds", not remembering which mailing list it came from..

Nonetheless, forum is much preferred than mailing list for a user base so large as CSE, as I like the way forums handle arrangement of posts and informations, at least more than mailing lists.

As for IRC, im not always able to be there, i'll miss messages...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)