UNSW Chit Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2015.

Do they need your marks to approve an overload? What is the threshold?
I have the form for the Arts Faculty, it says:

- 48 uoc completed
- Good academic standing
- Passed a full course load (24uoc) in your previous semester of study
- Overall WAM 65+
- No more than 30 uoc per semester (for sems 1 and 2)
- Applications only done after semester results are out

You'll just have to get yourself drunk on BoS or at a meet then tell us everything.

Opal run lol. Seriously who has the time to do that. I would do that only if I could catch a bus from Randwick campus to Kensington campus, which is a 15 minute walk any way.
Well we had 30 people last Monday...

And that story is very draining to tell - it's hard telling people how you stuffed up but it's cathartic and it helps you realise what an idiot you are so hopefully you don't do those things again

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

I have the form for the Arts Faculty, it says:

- 48 uoc completed
- Good academic standing
- Passed a full course load (24uoc) in your previous semester of study
- Overall WAM 65+
- No more than 30 uoc per semester (for sems 1 and 2)
- Applications only done after semester results are out

And that story is very draining to tell - it's hard telling people how you stuffed up but it's cathartic and it helps you realise what an idiot you are so hopefully you don't do those things again
thats arts, what about overloading regarding to science?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

Well that's the thing, my program authority is Science but they referred me to Arts...
was the course u wanted to overload under arts? cause otherwise i dont really see why they would..

ebbygoo

HSC

Transferring to USYD next year cya guyz

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

was the course u wanted to overload under arts? cause otherwise i dont really see why they would..
Yeah, but they're my program authority. When I wanted to get a clash approved, I had to go to them. But now it's an overload... some other faculty.

so confuzzled

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah, but they're my program authority. When I wanted to get a clash approved, I had to go to them. But now it's an overload... some other faculty.

so confuzzled
probably that is why since the arts faculty offers that course and u want to overload that particular course... and yeah all this stuff is so confusing., but regarding science faculty do they accept the overload forms now or do i have to wait till next sem, pretty sure if i have to wait ill lose times i want and will then need to approve clashes...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

probably that is why since the arts faculty offers that course and u want to overload that particular course... and yeah all this stuff is so confusing., but regarding science faculty do they accept the overload forms now or do i have to wait till next sem, pretty sure if i have to wait ill lose times i want and will then need to approve clashes...
I have to submit after Sem 1 results are out. So... in July.

And I know, I'll be losing my choice of class which is stupid but anyway...

mreditor16

HSC

gg those who missed out (for now) hahahaha!

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC

gg actuarial first years (and asb first years for that matter!!)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

In a sentence; was your trip so short that it registered as a reverse tap-on :haha: ?

You don't just overload one course and call it an "overloading" course. You overload for a semester. So how can one distinguish which course is the course to "overload"?

As a result, I think your program authority and the relevant faculties must both agree before you can enrol.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

In a sentence; was your trip so short that it registered as a reverse tap-on :haha: ?

You don't just overload one course and call it an "overloading" course. You overload for a semester. So how can one distinguish which course is the course to "overload"?

As a result, I think your program authority and the relevant faculties must both agree before you can enrol.

I'm actually surprised. In Elec they allow quite a few extra's to enrol into the course (so say there is a maximum of 180 people, I've seen over 200 enrolled before, but they changed the lecture theater later on to avoid all the hassle for the students haha).
its course dependent, for me atleast, got approved and finalised in <5mins with the science guys, since they manually enrol you in it

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Actually it went on for an hour...

The story stretches from March 2011 to April 2015.

Of course most of the action comes between October 2014 and now, and a good third of the story is what happened at the cruise...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

its course dependent, for me atleast, got approved and finalised in <5mins with the science guys, since they manually enrol you in it
Before they enrol you into it, wouldn't they check first with all other authorities. Seems kinda dodgy if they don't because you can kinda just change it up a bit so that you get accepted in one faculty over the other.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

Before they enrol you into it, wouldn't they check first with all other authorities. Seems kinda dodgy if they don't because you can kinda just change it up a bit so that you get accepted in one faculty over the other.
overload is different for every faculty which was annoying... for science all they checked was that i had 65+ wam and did 48 uoc. Pretty much thats what i was going to do originally, overload for arts subject, but i had to wait till next sem so i just swapped and overloaded for one of my science ones, and its already been done

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

Actually it went on for an hour...

The story stretches from March 2011 to April 2015.

Of course most of the action comes between October 2014 and now, and a good third of the story is what happened at the cruise...
what happens on cruise stays on cruise ok

mreditor16

HSC

So I finished MATH1151 this semester and I read on Moodle - "Provisional Mathematics marks will be available (via the Student Web Portal) on or shortly before late Tuesday 7th July."

What exactly do they mean by provisional marks??

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

So I finished MATH1151 this semester and I read on Moodle - "Provisional Mathematics marks will be available (via the Student Web Portal) on or shortly before late Tuesday 7th July."

What exactly do they mean by provisional marks??
unfinalised marks subject to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)