UNSW and Usyd open days on the same bloody day (1 Viewer)

pete_mate

HSC
i know they're rivals, but this is stupid. how do you decide between them when you have to dart across the city for lectures

i for one will be taking my grandma's disabled parking sticker

Roguedeth

HSC
in open days i dont actually go to any lectures i just walk around campus so go to one for 3hrs and the other for 3hrs ?

KD

HSC
N/A
They are not open days but information days so there isn't too much to see it is more about asking questions. Therefore you should have plenty of time to do both and get it out of the way in one day.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
honestly all the uni's are on that day except UWS

basically its to ask questions abt the potential course you are doing before u put in the preferences.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Man... it's not that far between usyd, unsw, and uts...
my suggestion, get off at redfern.... go to usyd, get back on the train to central, go to usyd, go back to the station and catch a train to unsw....
that's your day.
have fun.

HSC
I did the USyd-UTS-UNSW circuit last year myself- I started at 8.30 at Usyd (for that silly breakfast thing, which i came too late for), moved to UTS around 10.30-11, went to UNSW by 12.30ish and finished up by 3.00-3.30 at UTS again. Its not hard, and you don't really need to attend lectures. You just go in to grill the advisors/get free stuff/pretty booklets.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
It would be fine going between USyd and UNSW, but I'm still deciding between USyd and UOW and the distance means I can't really go to both.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
pete_mate said:
i for one will be taking my grandma's disabled parking sticker
You penis it's inconsiderate people like you who abuse the disabled parking system and make it hard for genuine card holders to find places... i would know cos my brother has a disability.

X

xeuyrawp

The open days (Open Day, Advising Day, etc) are on the same day for good reason.

1. People wouldn't want to spend a whole day at one uni; no need for one uni to have exclusivity on a day.
2. The unis are pretty close to each other; so travelling between them isn't tough.
3. Some people travel a long way to Sydney to check out the unis and ask some last-minute questions; may-as-well just come down for one day.

yook

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
THE 4th FOR THE 1200th TIME YOU STUPID HIPHOPAPOTAMUS!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that made me laugh

nwatts

HSC
Olsen said:
You penis it's inconsiderate people like you who abuse the disabled parking system and make it hard for genuine card holders to find places... i would know cos my brother has a disability.
As do I. Bloody wankers take advantage of those who physically unable to travel long distances. Pathetic.

Also, UOW's open day is on the 4th as well. I could understand UNSW/USyd opening on the same day - means people from afar don't have to travel in twice, and who's going to be at one uni all day? But UOW is ages from both of them, so travel between unis is not easy. I think they've done it on purpose to encourage people to goto UOW's open day and skip the rest, in order to make sure local kids come to their uni.

pete_mate

HSC
Olsen said:
i dont take the actual disabled parkoing places, that's just wrong.

just the parking meters and 2hr places so i can leave it for a day.

otherwise i'd just be moving it from one space to another at intervals like everyone else. what's the point?

G

Gavvvvvin

Olsen said:
And here I am using my legs like a sucker :eek:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
nwatts said:
Also, UOW's open day is on the 4th as well. I could understand UNSW/USyd opening on the same day - means people from afar don't have to travel in twice, and who's going to be at one uni all day? But UOW is ages from both of them, so travel between unis is not easy. I think they've done it on purpose to encourage people to goto UOW's open day and skip the rest, in order to make sure local kids come to their uni.
This got me really cut, I still don't know which one I'm going to go to.

The invitation we got from UOW in the mail actually discouraged me cause of how it said we should only go if we want to look at different pathways into uni, or if we have specific questions about next year.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Go to usyd first from redfern. Then walk to UTS. Then walk to the UNSW bus from UTS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)