UNSW accounting researchers ranked No.1 in the world (1 Viewer)

asdf

HSC
Got the following in my email a few days ago. It seems that it was only sent to me for some strange reason (according to the email header info). Anyone else got the email?

---------
Dear Student,

The outstanding quality of our accounting research has been recognised internationally by the journal Accounting and Finance, which ranked UNSW's accounting research first in the world for the period 1998-2005. The Accounting and Finance research considers publications in the top 24 international accounting journals.

The Accounting and Finance research shows that UNSW advanced from a world ranking of seventh for the period 1991-1997, to first in 1998-2005. For the extended period 1991-2005, UNSW ranked second in the world.

The ranking process was undertaken by authors from the US and Hong Kong, and was published in the June 2007 edition of Accounting & Finance.

The article's introduction states that over the period 1991-2005: "the University of Manchester, the University of New South Wales, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Michigan and the University of Texas at Austin tak e the top five spots among a total of 1087 ranked academic institutions."

This is an excellent result and validates the School's philosophy of pursuing high quality accounting research. It represents an acknowledgement of the significant achievements of many individuals within the School over this period. I would like to congratulate everyone in the School of Accounting for their success.

Regards,

Wai Fong Chua
Acting Dean

Ranking

1998-2005 (1991-1997)
University of New South Wales 1 (7)
University of Pennsylvania 2 (4)
University of Michigan 3 (3)
Cardiff University 4 (17)
University of Manchester 5 (1)
Stanford University 6 (11)
Georgia State University 7 (61)
University of Texas at Austin 8 (5)
University of Edinburgh 9 (23)
University of Chicago 10 (9)
*Source: Tables 3 & 4 of Chan KC, Chen CR and Cheng LTW,
Accounting & Finance, June 2007.

--

Dwight

HSC
Lol yeah. Sounds quite impressive though in reality not particularly useful for the majority of us.

Conspirocy

HSC
its scary to think that some of the people who teach us are the best in the world considering what they are like

asdf

HSC
Conspirocy said:
its scary to think that some of the people who teach us are the best in the world considering what they are like
Very true. But one thing i learned from UNI is smart lecturers != good teachers. I'd rather be taught by a recent graduate who can teach than a world renowned Nobel prize winner who puts you to sleep. In fact, my UNI marks are direct indicators of how much I enjoyed the lecturers teaching (as opposed to how difficult or how much i liked the subject material).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)