UNSW academic achievement scholarship - SOMEONE PLZ HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Wow! so the school can basically get you into any programs (except Med) at UNSW given you acheive a UAI of 95 and once they nominate their student to the AAA...

Be nice to your principals! :D

rajeenth

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
just a question - does every school give an AAA???

dont think mine does
yea..every government shool can give an AAA scholorship to the top student. i think its a limit 2 1 per school

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Pwnage101 said:
so no private schools?
private school does give that scholarship too, My school St Pius X College gives that scholarship to the top internally ranked student.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
does anyone know what's happening with UNSW scholarships in general (not including coop)? They haven't sent out any info or anything after I applied.

dp624

HSC
I know someone who got an offer for Malcolm Chaikin so I assume that they're out?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
hmm ok, thanks. i just wish they'd keep us informed of what's happening like Usyd does.

PF

HSC
dp624 said:
I dno about having both or not.
For Co-op, it's a c ondition that if you get scientia you only accept 5k for the first year. Otherwise you'd be gettting 25k per year (yum)
I dont know about the Dux scholarships

And if you reject a co-op (ON TIME) then a place becomes available. not sure about MQ merit
As dp624 said, if u are offered scientia + co-op and u want to take both, u take the full co-op scholarship but out of the scientia u will only receive 5k for the first year and thats it.

If u are offered scientia + the dux scholarship, u can take both in their entirety. I think there was something up on the website a while ago saying u cant take both, but the scholarships office staff actually encourage and let u do so.

combined degree > co-op anyway :)

timmiitippii

HSC
S.T.P said:
Me - Am I guaranteed entry into b law/b economics having gained a uai of 96.5, with the 5 bonus points?

UNSW response - "With a UAI of 96.5 plus the AAA bonus points you are eligible to undertake any course at UNSW other than B/Medicine and will offered a place in any program that you put as your first preference.
ahh its good to know someone else got same response ><
BUT are you sure about that "put as your first preference" part ? Coz I've heard its just the highest UNSW course you have and can get into... like if u put all the various med courses for example and don't get into any of it.. then finally reaching combined law at UNSW, you get into that. (from email: guaranteed offer into a program at UNSW for which you have listed a preference in your UAC application (except for B Medicine/B Surgery) provided that: # you have not received an offer to a higher preference.)
Either that or it has to be in top 3 of ur preferences but i think that's for sumthing else that i got confuse with.

- apparently you're only allowed to keep the most valuable scholarship offered to you by the uni.. i.e. if offered both scientia and AAA then you only get to keep scientia.

- yes every single high school apparently in NSW are allowed to nominate 1 student for the AAA, however that doesn't mean there's that many students using it to get into UNSW.

- My career advisor told me if i end up not using the scholarship then it's thrown away because you can't pass it on or whatever to the next student in your school who's going to UNSW

Last edited:

rishika

HSC
thx 4 al that
sigh wel hopefully the careers advisor just 4got 2 give my email. itl b so unfair if i dont get the scholarship wen i was sposed 2 :mad:
did evri 1 else who got this scholarship, get an email ? ? ?
i will b forced 2 ring unsw from o/seas 2 confirm it i guess =[[[[
i shud b able 2 do law with eco, otherwise it is really unfair. + i did an eas/ so my chances look good ? ?
u ppl who got the scholarships, what are ur preferences/??? are they all unsw degrees?? i ran out of unsw courses i like, so i just left the rest as wat is was b4 i found out i got the scholarship ie. usyd, anu etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)