UNSW academic achievement scholarship - SOMEONE PLZ HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

rishika

HSC
hi, i was told that i was nominated by my school to recieve a 4K unsw scholarship. i get 4000 dollars if i enrol at th uni and the scholarship also apparently gurantees u in2 any course at unsw as long as u r 5 uai points wihin th cut off.
i got a UAI of 97.6 and desperately want 2 do combined law at unsw next year- cut off is 99.3 approx. so if it is my 1st pref, will i definitely get it ? ?
also, i hvent received any confirmation from UNSW that i have actually gaind the scholarship, i just have 2 take the word of my careers advisor, wich i am unsure abt coz he can b unorgansied sometimes. all u ppl that have also gained this scholarship, have u rcvd and letter or email 2 confirm that u actually got th scholarship??? bcz i just want 2 make sure that i actually got it so i kno 4 sure that law is confirmed 4 me!! is there any way of finding out?? im overseas at th moment so i cant contact unsw and they dont open til jan 5 neway. cnt go 2 open day either.
SOMEONE PLASE HELP.. B4 THE 7TH. ASAP !!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Firstly, it's unlikely that you get 5 bonus points for the combined law.

That scholarship is an entry scholarship that is given to quite many schools around the state and if we consider that, there would be too many getting 5 bonus points. Even if they get ones, it wouldn't apply to courses like combined law.

Secondly, you may not get the scholarship if you don't get into your desired course.

rishika

HSC
read this:
An Academic Achievement Award (AAA) comprises:
- The presentation of a Nomination Certificate to each AAA nominee
- A single payment of $4,000 upon following confirmation of enrolment at UNSW
- AAA nominees who have a preference in their UAC application for a program at UNSW (except for B Medicine/B Surgery) will receive a guaranteed offer into that program provided:
o Their UAI or equivalent is within 5 points of the published cut-off of their preferred program;
o They meet any additional selection criteria for the program; and
o They do not receive an offer to a higher preference.

it's from the unsw website:
UNSW Scholarships

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
rishika said:
read this:
An Academic Achievement Award (AAA) comprises:
- The presentation of a Nomination Certificate to each AAA nominee
- A single payment of $4,000 upon following confirmation of enrolment at UNSW
- AAA nominees who have a preference in their UAC application for a program at UNSW (except for B Medicine/B Surgery) will receive a guaranteed offer into that program provided:
o Their UAI or equivalent is within 5 points of the published cut-off of their preferred program;
o They meet any additional selection criteria for the program; and
o They do not receive an offer to a higher preference.

it's from the unsw website:
UNSW Scholarships
Yes I am aware of that. BUT, there are courses that do not get covered by HSC plus. I think this scholarship has that HSC plus element to it.

rishika

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yes I am aware of that. BUT, there are courses that do not get covered by HSC plus. I think this scholarship has that HSC plus element to it.
no i am sure this is entirely different 2 hsc plus. this only excludes that medicine degree.
the main thing i want 2 kno is whether i was suposed 2 receive confirmation from th uni .

Dota55

HSC
lyounamu said:
No, its seperate.

Happy New Year everyone! :wave:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
WOW cool. I wonder if my school offers this scholarship thing. Is there anyway to check or do you just have to ask your school?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
rishika said:
hi, i was told that i was nominated by my school to recieve a 4K unsw scholarship. i get 4000 dollars if i enrol at th uni and the scholarship also apparently gurantees u in2 any course at unsw as long as u r 5 uai points wihin th cut off.
i got a UAI of 97.6 and desperately want 2 do combined law at unsw next year- cut off is 99.3 approx. so if it is my 1st pref, will i definitely get it ? ?
also, i hvent received any confirmation from UNSW that i have actually gaind the scholarship, i just have 2 take the word of my careers advisor, wich i am unsure abt coz he can b unorgansied sometimes. all u ppl that have also gained this scholarship, have u rcvd and letter or email 2 confirm that u actually got th scholarship??? bcz i just want 2 make sure that i actually got it so i kno 4 sure that law is confirmed 4 me!! is there any way of finding out?? im overseas at th moment so i cant contact unsw and they dont open til jan 5 neway. cnt go 2 open day either.
SOMEONE PLASE HELP.. B4 THE 7TH. ASAP !!!
Ok, You are the EXACT 08 version of me. literally vintage me.

I got a UAI of 97.5, And my first perference was Combined Law And i got the 4k scholarship thingy (freaky co-incidence).

I changed my first preference from Combined Law to Eng / Commerce.

Despite my preferences changing i got a Rejection notice for Combined law, despite it not being my first preference (they still had it as my first preference).

Sorry to be so blunt but im guessing you will get rejected for Combined Law, As your situation is identical to mine.

timmiitippii

HSC
ooh coincidence.
i got 97.65 and wanted to do combined law too and am nominated for that scholarship too.

To answer ur question.. Yes i called up their student recruitment center and the guy told me that its guaranteed into course if ur within 5 of the cut-off and then he went and used the combined law course as an example too be4 i even specifically asked about it. So then i followed up and asked so if i got 95+ then is it guranteed into any course and he said yeh, with the exception of medicine of course.

However the bad news is that i think ur right about ur principle being very unorganised... coz u should of received ur confirmation from UNSW already via email.. well at least i hav. I knew mine was actually dun becoz i had to sit down with my career advisor and fill out the paperworks online.

But yeh the email basically tells u that ur nomianted and that wen u confirm enrolment into a UNSW course they'll send u additional info for u receiving the scholarship money.

Good luck

dp624

HSC
Stupid, I wanted that @##$% 4K money. ah well
Also the person who got it isnt UNSWing so yea

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Omium said:
Ok, You are the EXACT 08 version of me. literally vintage me.

I got a UAI of 97.5, And my first perference was Combined Law And i got the 4k scholarship thingy (freaky co-incidence).

I changed my first preference from Combined Law to Eng / Commerce.

Despite my preferences changing i got a Rejection notice for Combined law, despite it not being my first preference (they still had it as my first preference).

Sorry to be so blunt but im guessing you will get rejected for Combined Law, As your situation is identical to mine.
Agreed. It would be extremely unfair for people who actually got into combined law with their UAIs higher than cut-off.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Stupid, I wanted that @##$% 4K money. ah well
Also the person who got it isnt UNSWing so yea
Scientia's 10K per year, so what are u complaining about?? lol

Edit: oh yeh, they only give 2 scientia's to medicine, so if u wanna do MBBS @ UNSW, the 4K would be the only way to get scholarship money

dp624

HSC
if you get scientia and this, does it mean you get 14k for the first year?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
if you get scientia and this, does it mean you get 14k for the first year?
lol

Don't you choose like only one? I heard peopl talking about co-op and scientia and stuff about being able to choose only one...

Little bit off the topic: if you got, say, merit scholarship at macquarie and if you reject it, does it mean that there will be another spot for another person for merit scholarship?

rajeenth

HSC
if u got the scholarship and u put law as ur first preference and u got rejected will u still get the 4k or does the scholorship get cancelled.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
rajeenth said:
if u got the scholarship and u put law as ur first preference and u got rejected will u still get the 4k or does the scholorship get cancelled.
I think Omie Jay talked about that part. It would be wise to change the pref in that case. I think the scholarship would be cancelled...

dp624

HSC
lol

Don't you choose like only one? I heard peopl talking about co-op and scientia and stuff about being able to choose only one...

Little bit off the topic: if you got, say, merit scholarship at macquarie and if you reject it, does it mean that there will be another spot for another person for merit scholarship?
I dno about having both or not.
For Co-op, it's a c ondition that if you get scientia you only accept 5k for the first year. Otherwise you'd be gettting 25k per year (yum)
I dont know about the Dux scholarships

And if you reject a co-op (ON TIME) then a place becomes available. not sure about MQ merit

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
lol

dont think so, i think they offer it but dont replace anyone who rejects it

but i could be wrong

if they do re-offer it, it would be in february

S.T.P

HSC
Me - Am I guaranteed entry into b law/b economics having gained a uai of 96.5, with the 5 bonus points?

UNSW response - "With a UAI of 96.5 plus the AAA bonus points you are eligible to undertake any course at UNSW other than B/Medicine and will offered a place in any program that you put as your first preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)