Unsw aaa scholarship (1 Viewer)

Immortalp00n

HSC
I'm aware that the UNSW AAA scholarship is awarded to the highest performing student within the grade at any school ( dux). Nominations are sent in late October, how is the recipient determined given that results havent been released?
Also, the AAA applies for pretty much every course except for Medicine, what happens if a student gets the scholarship and decides to do Medicine?
Of course the bonus points can't be used, how about the cash award of $4000, can that be still redeemed?

deswa1

HSC
The school picks on their own system- its meant to go to highest performing student over years 11 and 12 but the principal can give it to whoever they want. The principal should check that the person they are giving it to is actually going to UNSW.

And yes, I'm pretty sure they still get the $4000

Immortalp00n

HSC
The school picks on their own system- its meant to go to highest performing student over years 11 and 12 but the principal can give it to whoever they want. The principal should check that the person they are giving it to is actually going to UNSW.

And yes, I'm pretty sure they still get the $4000
Alright thanks for clarifying,
just a general question... can someone hold more than one scholarship at the one time?
(ie. AAA + Scientia ( 99.9+))

deswa1

HSC
You can hold scientia and AAA simultaneously I think because AAA is just a one off payment but scientia is recurrent. With other scholarships, it depends on the scholarship- some you can, some you can't. For example, if you get scientia and co-op, you get the co-op payment every year but only a one off scientia payment (though you still get the other benefits of scientia program)

funstudy

HSC
Any idea on when the other scholarship winners are announced? The two scholarships I submitted say it's still 'pending'

jane bubble

HSC
I got the AAA scholorship, but want to get into medicine after I finish my 2 yr gap year
Can i apply this year, get the AAA scholorship, defer for 2 years. And then cancel my current application and then apply for medicine (if my atar, umat and interview)
If not that, can i also apply for the 95+ atar scholorship next year, or do i have to be a yr 12 student to apply?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm pretty sure you cannot defer an AAA offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)