UNSW AAA Scholarship (1 Viewer)

Dangeroustiger1

HSC
Yeahh i got this scholarship too :) They sent it to my school but spelt the school name wrong, so it had to get sent backk. Haven't gotten it back yet lol. But still, 4 granddddd :D :D

sickk

HSC
i got it today... its dated 27th october, but my school gave it to me today... they just called me and said they have it... i finished school like 2 months ago now..
but still, happy for the nomination lol

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I got mine last night at our speech night and I didn't realise until then that the nomination meant you actually GOT the scholarship. I hadn't been that fussed about it until I got that piece of news :).

hairspray

HSC
I got a letter saying that I was nominated by the school... but i didnt get any certificate. I don't know... it really sucks though cos my heart was set on UTS but then again, who says no to $4000?

sickk

HSC
someone who genuinly wants UTS

you could always go to UNSW, get the 4k and transfer next year to UTS, best of both worlds :p

hairspray

HSC
someone who genuinly wants UTS

you could always go to UNSW, get the 4k and transfer next year to UTS, best of both worlds :p

Thats what I told all my friends I was gonna do... they all shook their heads and said thats "SO BAD!"

0hNivlek

HSC
Principle told us whoever wants it to go write our names on a list then he uses that list to see who deserves it. Why didn't he just choose a name? Well because he didn't want to waste it and give it to someone going USYD lol.

choke

HSC
Hey guys,

I was nominated from my school but I still don't have the certificate! At my school presentation day, I was given a dummy award because the award didn't arrive at the school on time.

I have no idea how the scholarship works and I want to make sure that I do get a place the university! I heard that under the scholarship, we're given a 5 mark leeway right? and it doesn't apply for medicine/surgery?

What is the criteria, and given that we meet it, are we guaranteed a place at UNSW?

We have about a week to continue changing our uni preferences so I'd really like some info on this! lol thanks heeeeeaps

jellybelly59

HSC
Hey guys,

I was nominated from my school but I still don't have the certificate! At my school presentation day, I was given a dummy award because the award didn't arrive at the school on time.

I have no idea how the scholarship works and I want to make sure that I do get a place the university! I heard that under the scholarship, we're given a 5 mark leeway right? and it doesn't apply for medicine/surgery?

What is the criteria, and given that we meet it, are we guaranteed a place at UNSW?

We have about a week to continue changing our uni preferences so I'd really like some info on this! lol thanks heeeeeaps
guaranteed entry if you are within 5 marks of the cut off - but you have to fufill all other criterion to entering the course. As long as you've recieved the letter that UNSW has accepted your school's UNSW nomination then i think they will factor in the AAA in the main rounds.

emphasis

HSC
I've read on the unsw website that if you receive AAA you can get a guaranteed place at one of the Kensington colleges provided that you put in an application by the 20th November. However, I was only notified by my school that i got the AAA in december and haven't made an application to live at the college for next year. What are the chances of getting accepted if I apply now?

choke

HSC
I was only informed by my school that I received the scholarship and I haven't personally received a letter from UNSW =/

Did anybody else receive a letter, phone call of some sort???

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
I've read on the unsw website that if you receive AAA you can get a guaranteed place at one of the Kensington colleges provided that you put in an application by the 20th November. However, I was only notified by my school that i got the AAA in december and haven't made an application to live at the college for next year. What are the chances of getting accepted if I apply now?
I'm in the same situation...only applied like 2 weeks ago...

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
I was only informed by my school that I received the scholarship and I haven't personally received a letter from UNSW =/

Did anybody else receive a letter, phone call of some sort???
I've received a letter. It's just a congratulations and outline of how the award works.

choke

HSC
I've received a letter. It's just a congratulations and outline of how the award works.
=/ I'm a tad concerned... If I don't end up receiving that letter, does that mean I don't get the scholarship :confused:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
=/ I'm a tad concerned... If I don't end up receiving that letter, does that mean I don't get the scholarship :confused:
Email the scholarship office tonight and ask; if they say you're getting it you're getting it whether you receive the letter or not :)

Blaz-357

HSC
Sigh at my school...My careers advisor wouldnt give me the AAA scholarship...even tho i got dux lmao, instead he gave it to sum random who got like an 80 atar...like srsly...its an academic scholarship...

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
Seriously, try and get that piece of paper asap. It will clear up any administrative issues that could occur and IIRC you get guaranteed entry with the required ATAR or over.

Congratulations :D

marxisming

HSC
Does anyone have any idea when we get the $4000 or how they're going to be given out (ie, in semester installments of $2000)???? I know i should call the scholarship office, but does anyone know here, before i call?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)