Unsure....? (1 Viewer)

jb2007

HSC
I'm in a tough position at the moment. I've been offered a place at a Uni on the gold coast in a B. Law/Psychological science. That's all good but I'm not sure if I want to do law that much. I want to do psychology but decided to apply for that course not thinking I'd get it. I also recieved a scholarship there as well. So I was planning on going there.

However, now I've been accepted into a B. Arts at USYD which I was planning on majoring in psychology. I also really want to go to USYD. I then discovered today that I also have received a scholarship (worth the same as the QLD one, $17 000 over 4 yrs)at USYD.

I have changed my mind a thousand times and finally settled on qld yesterday and now I have no idea. Is USYD good? How hard is it to get into the honours yr through the B.Arts? Because I was planning on doing law for a yr and if I didn't like it just drop to psychology which includes the 4th yr honours at qld. Because if it's really hard to get into I might look at going to qld......

Any feedback?

Also, once you get into a B.arts how hard is it to transfer to other degree's? Is that even possible there?

LaurenHarvey

HSC
Quite hard to get into honours from a BA, as you are competing for a limited amount of spots that have already mostly been taken up by the B psych and BA psych (at sydney). You need to maintain I think at least at HD average in a BA, whereas in the honours courses you only need a D average I'm pretty sure

niteshade1312

HSC
Sorry but I'm doing a BA and I only need a credit average for honours.. not sure where you're getting your information! Depends on the department where you want to do honours.. each have different pre- requs..

DeepDarkRose

HSC
Yea i think the prereq for honours in psych is higher than just a credit cause there's sooo many people that want to do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)