unsure bout course (1 Viewer)

bobbie212

hey ppl. I'm currently enrolled in B Science (nutrition)/ B Exercise and Sports Science. I'm not sure if I wanna do it though for various reasons. I'm interested in physio and pharmacy too and got the uai for both. Is my only option that of staying in my current course for now and trying to transfer later if i'm not happy?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bobbie212 said:
hey ppl. I'm currently enrolled in B Science (nutrition)/ B Exercise and Sports Science. I'm not sure if I wanna do it though for various reasons. I'm interested in physio and pharmacy too and got the uai for both. Is my only option that of staying in my current course for now and trying to transfer later if i'm not happy?
Just give it a go, and if you find that you don't like the course you are currently in...apply for a transfer.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
How do u see ur life in the future?
This is a question u must ask ur self then look up the pay rates for the careers u are interested in. and more info about work patterns and job security.

Anyways in Pharmacy, ppl that are now graduating, will likely never own a pharmacy, unless its in the family. The reason for this is the govt is reluctant to permit new pharmacys opening and the existing ones will become very expensive. Also with the emergence of pharmacys like Pharmacy Direct, and Pharmacy by Mail it is very diffucult to compete with their prices if u are a small pharmacy

kow_dude

HSC
Employment rates for Pharmacy are currently close to 99%

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Yeah for sure employment is high, but are they all full-time?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
bobbie212 said:
i say wait till you've done a yr and see how you go. you may end up liking it. try and transfer which shud be easy if you can stay motivated enough to get decent marks.

good luck

kow_dude

HSC
Korn said:
Yeah for sure employment is high, but are they all full-time?
Yes, Full time. I've seen from a lot of sources saying that starting salaries are very low (aprox. 29k).

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Yeah, but if u read what i originally said i made no mention of high unemployment in Pharmacy, cause getting locum work is heaps easy, especially in the country cause not many ppl want to work there, and u can negotiate wage easier if u opt for country posting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)