Unsatisfactory attendance for ACCT1511 (1 Viewer)

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, so I've only been to 10/13 of the weekly seminars which puts me below 80%, and apparently I will fail the course because of it. I've heard mixed rumors going around with people saying that I won't fail and others telling me that I will. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I just call up the head lecturer be honest and ask for forgiveness or something? Don't really know what to do.

thanks.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, so I've only been to 10/13 of the weekly seminars which puts me below 80%, and apparently I will fail the course because of it. I've heard mixed rumors going around with people saying that I won't fail and others telling me that I will. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I just call up the head lecturer be honest and ask for forgiveness or something? Don't really know what to do.

thanks.
Have a med certificate ready

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
I can get one tomorrow but I jigged the seminar last week. Would it still be legit? I highly doubt it

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I can get one tomorrow but I jigged the seminar last week. Would it still be legit? I highly doubt it
Present your med certificate if you get notice from the lecturer saying you didnt have meet the attendance criteria.

Or you could say something like how you were actually present and there must have been a mistake in the attendance record by the tutor. (Unless it required a signature)

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Yeah I got the notice today but I dont have a medical certificate on me, and i dont wanna forge one cause i'll be in deeper shit. And on the doctors certificate it would say I went to the doctors on the 23rd but i was away on the 15th, wouldn't the lecturer deny me since im a week late?

HSC
if you dont provide legitimate reasons for your absence and your attendance falls below 80%, then you will fail

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Just goes to show how much of a nuisance and terrible idea attendance criteria actually is. There's people I know with high WAM's only attend 20% of their contact hours of all sem.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Meanwhile my lect takes photos of us each week to ensure we are in class so we cant forge attendence

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I got the notice today but I dont have a medical certificate on me, and i dont wanna forge one cause i'll be in deeper shit. And on the doctors certificate it would say I went to the doctors on the 23rd but i was away on the 15th, wouldn't the lecturer deny me since im a week late?
Just say you were there on xyz date. Thats why you thought you could skip last week

cbartowski

HSC
but weren't there only 12 seminars? so you went to 10/12 which is fine?

photastic

HSC

thanks.
Actually you're not going to fail, there's only 12 seminars my bad so all good . :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
But hasn't he gotten the letter? Iirc OP mentioned how he already used his 2 allowed jiggs, then used another. So that would put OP at 9/12

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Guys thanks for all your responses, I'm allg now, i sent in my med cert on the 23rd and they still accepted it for some reason even though it says they don't accept anything later than 3 days after the absence. yeah fuck that, ill go to my tutes not, never going through this shit again LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)