Unknown USB Mouse (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Hay guys,

I have used the HP Optical USB Travel Mouse F2100A used with my Compaq Presario B3800 laptop for the past 2 years and its been fine.

Today when I started up the laptop and plugged it in, I get the error "Unknown USB Mouse" and the mouse wont work. Ive tried plugging it into every one of the 4 usb ports. Ive tried restarting with and without the mouse plugged in. Wont work.

On the Device Manager is says "No drivers are installed for this device." ... however, the mouse is meant to be plug and play and has no drivers too install. Hardware update wizard fails. Uninstalling the drivers doesnt work (none to uninstall).

I plug in another mouse and it too wont work...

What the hell has changed? The only weird thing I did this morning was get the Microsoft Update about Windows Genuine Validation ... but I dont even remember if I installed that before or after I tried to use the mouse ...

Thanks for any help guys,
Ac

gracie007

HSC
This happens to my USB drives now and again. Whenever it happens...you can try this. First take out your mouse from its socket. Go into Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers. Click the '+" to expand, then right click on the title and click 'Scan for hardware changes.'
Then put your mouse back in and it should work. Or if it doesn't then, reset the comp and try sticking it in again.

My USB ports sometimes fuck up like that on my PC, I know another way that works to stop that happening is to also turn off ur pc at the powerpoint for 5 minutes then turn the comp back on and its okay...but obviously you have a laptop so you can't do that.

Anyways did the first one work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)