University Prerequisites (1 Viewer)

JuliaGulia07

HSC
I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons we are all required to complete 12 years of education prior to university is because it helps us develop and mature into people who can cope with different sorts of situations, e.g. having to do something you don't like to get where you want to. Also everyone has to do those 10 units for the HSC so that everyone can be equally compared and ranked. It would be incongruous to let people skip ahead and to create "special loop holes".
You need to forget about university for now and just grow up because that's mainly what high school is for.

Dish93

HSC
N/A
well I haven't posted here in a couple of days, couple of things

np with helping kurt, gl with whatever you'll do :p

If I were you, get some 14-15 friends too, I have plenty of them, at church and back at school, even though I was in year 11, I'd talk to year 8 people AND year 11, so don't feel like they're idiots, they're humans too you know ;)

Also, why wouldn't you be interested in beer and girls? I am too :p

kenny.

HSC
I think you'll find that a lot of ppl in yr11 and 12 DON'T like their subjects at all, but they still have to do it.
So just deal with it cos everyone had to go through the same thing, you're not any more special than the guy that sits next to you in your yr9 english class UNLESS you're super crazy smart (@ maths) like the ppl that gets onto the news headlines etc :p

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
your 15 dude. in a year or so you will forget about maths and turn all attention to beer and girls. Just enjoy being a kid, it only goes downhill from the teens.
quoted for motherfucking truth

be normal, kid.

amythyst

HSC
i have a friend who accellerated her hsc and she entered uni at age 17...but she had to do her HSC in order to get in...

may be speak to admissions of the uni's you want to go to about accepting accelerated students - they may have an option available where you can study mathematics university units while you complete your hsc (kinda a concurrent thing)...then that way, you can do some study at uni at the same time you are doing the hsc...

i know this is something that was offered a while ago (i did a university unit when i was doing the hsc and it also counted to my hsc)...

definitely speak to admissions at the uni's you want to go to...even the ones you are only just considering as they may have an alternate pathway to get u in early...

enjoy your HSC and do subjects you want to do!!! you only get to do it once!!!

KnifeySpoony

HSC
I think i heard someone that "mathematics" includes general maths and not just 2unit maths/whatever.. is this true?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i am almost certain that maths is referred to as maths advanced and not general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)