University options help! (1 Viewer)

roborob

HSC
Hey guys,

Not quite sure what to do now regarding uni, i got 80.15 for my UAI and my first preference, B Industrial Design at UTS, has a cutoff of 83.15 as of '07. I've figured out a few options but not sure which to take;

1. Do B Industrial Design at UNSW for a year and then transfer (I don't really want to stay and finish the course there as employers might frown upon it as '2nd best')

2. Do a B General Engineering at UTS then transfer internally (HSC bonus points gets me over the 85 cutoff, but not sure if this is the best idea as I haven't dont ext 1 Maths)

3. Wait until late round/last round offers and see if my 80 will be accepted by UTS.

Also, do we have to accept a main round offer before late round offers come out? What happens if I deny the UNSW/engineering offers in the main round, then don't get offered a place at UTS in the end?

Thanks in advance, any other ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated!

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
Heard some of the late rounders from last year got into UTS engineering with low 70s.

roborob

HSC
Yeah so did I, but I'm not sure if that would be the case with design, I assume there would be plenty of applicants...I'm right to get into UNSW Industial Design and the UTS Engineering, just don't know which of my options is the best to get into the UTS Industrial Design, which is really what I want to do.

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
If it's really what you want to do then stick with it, UTS is one of the more lax Universities and your UAI isn't that far from the cutoff.

Are you eligible for any extra UTS points?

roborob

HSC
For Engineering I get the maximum 6, but none for the design course, the only course in the Design/Architecture/Building I get bonus points is for Construction, where I get the full 5.

roborob

HSC
Anyone have any ideas? What's the likelihood of getting a late/last round offer on a design course? Would it be better to wait it out or just do engineering and transfer?

Any help, other ideas etc will be much appreciated.

breezy221090

HSC
Just accept your main round for UNSW and then if you get your late round for UTS than you can go back and change and take UTS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)