University of South Australia(UniSA) or RMIT (1 Viewer)

asc

Respected Seniors and Dear Friends,
i am a passout student from a reputed engg. institute of india and for my Masters in field of Computer Science and IT(specializing in Networks,Distributed Computing,Internet Computing and related fields) i have got admits from many Unis in Australia.however now at this point of time i have to decide b2in Uni of South Australia(UniSA) in Adelaide and RMIT Uni in Melbourne.but going to RMIT will not give me the PR(Permanent Residency) after 2 years(unless otherwise i pass the NAATI exam OR i show A$1,00,000 in Australian bank for 1 year which is not possible for me) due to recent changes in PR rules.but if i go to Uni SA i will get the PR very easily.with that PR i can not only search for jobs but also can pursue higher studies as a local student of Australia.bt can ne1 throw some light on the reputation and prestige of UniSA.r their degrees respected worldwide?is it a good Uni in field of Computer Sc. OR IT research as i also hav got the intention of doing a little bit of research in future,if possible?some ppl did mention that UniSA is good in IT and Computer Science research
so if i finally decide to go to UniSA,will my career be ok considering the overall scenario and reputation?

one more Query:if someone passes out with a Master degree in IT(whether UniSA or RMIT) specializing in Netoworks and then a bit of research xpereince AND WITH A PR,what is his/her job scope out there in Australia?

PLS DO REPLY ME
looking forward forward for your help,
sincerely
ASC

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
there isnt much difference.. considering that this is a NSW forum.. and the other unis are interstate .. most ppl dun kno here..
job prospects for IT are average.. not great..
in aust, PR status would give u equivalent job chances as a citizen..

one of my former roommate was a PhD student in Adel for engineering and the tech market in australia is a lil slow in R&D.. compared to US and europe.. its emerging tho

if u intend to live/work in SA for a while its ok, the uni has a decent reputation in SA.

masters by coursework or research?

if its research as was said earlier.. a group of eight uni
refer to: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=36497

hope that helps.. most of us here are in undergrad degrees atm.. so we are probably not the best source

asc

first i want to do a 2 year Master by coursework....then a bit of research experience for 1 year or a little more(and more if i get the chance).however me got afraid by one of your statements "if u intend to live/work in SA for a while its ok, the uni has a decent reputation in SA"what does this mean?has UniSA got reputation only in SA?is it not recognised throughout Australia or Internationally?pls do clarify this to me.coz going to UniSA will give me the PR just after 2 years.also some ppl said that it is good in IT,Computer Science and Telecom Research.so what do you suggest?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
as in.. employers in SA will definately accept the degree.. in other states they may not know its reputation.. altho by coursework should be fine..

it should be recognised nationally.. because they isnt realli any governing body for computer science/IT that im familiar with.

for research u usualli goto larger unis with better funding and hence equipment.. thats the only other thing i can say for sure.

i can only suggest u get more opinions of ppl who hav done it before u.
IT is not my specialty

asc

thanx for ur reply.so i can complete my Master in IT by coursework in UniSA for 2 years,get the PR and then go to some big Unis like Monash,Melbourne,Queensland etc. to do Master in IT by Minor thesis or Research.in that case i think i will be ok.am i justified?
PLS do state whether i am correct in my opinion.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
honestly i think thats a wonderful idea.. but i am hardly the expert on Masters degrees

i would still consult others in the field .. but i am of the opinion that it would be fine..
just perform well in the coursework and the research places will hopefully come ure way

asc

thanx a lot for your help.however do consult others in the field(as u have mentioned that in your last post) and let me know what u gathered,particularly whether IT IS OK doing research degrees in IT or Computer Science in UniSA or NOT.
EAGERLY waiting for your other views and opinions........
ASC

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i would also think that u should ask those at unis back in india.. in case u ever need to return..

i may not be able to respond for a while as the only person i kno in IT in adel is still in their undergrad degree and i see them on sunday.. .. i doubt they will kno anything tho.. so dont rely on me.. :)

asc

ITs ok Friend.....i have no hurry.take your time and then reply me.
Pls get back to me with whatever info u gather from other ppl(if IT,its better)
thanking u
sincerely
ASC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)