university medicine interview (1 Viewer)

frippyful

HSC
I'm going to try to get into medicine at uni, but I'm wondering about the interview.
what do they want me to be like?
what sort of things should i be doing e.g. extra curricular
are the interview really hard?
what are some tips and things that they ask or i should do in the interview?
even though its in a year i want to be prepared

delian

HSC
N/A
Extracurriculars are generally good. what were you thinking of doing?

You should concentrate on UMAT first, doing practice papers (which I have available if you're interested)

frippyful

HSC

You should concentrate on UMAT first, doing practice papers (which I have available if you're interested)
i am interested. are they for free? or ...

frippyful

HSC
i am going for a volunteer job at a hospital. but if i am nice, and have extracurricular activities, what are the chances of me getting in ( given a good UMAT and 99 + atar)

do they soften the atar expectation if you get a good UMAT and vice versa?

Bobbo1

HSC
It's pretty much to weed out people who are doing medicine for the money against people who really want to/have a passion for it. So the questions may be like: -Why do you want to study medicine?, -What makes you passionate about it? etc etc...

SanjoyM

HSC

Hey:) How much are you selling the UMAT papers for? Or are giving them for free? Thanks! I'm genuinely interested:)

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Extracurricular and volunteer activities are good to have done, but they're unnecessary. I got in without having anything much in that category. Difficulty and focus of interview varies a bit depending on unis, but generally the same format - semi-structured, 2-3 interviewers (in most cases 2).
In a way, think about it as a job interview for becoming a doctor, although UNSW one is a bit diff. Not something you can/should prepare for anyway.

delian

HSC
N/A
UMAT papers are in my resources page (link in my signature)
Cheers.

PakiPrince

HSC
Do we need to do things like work experience (for eg, going to a surgery, hospital etc) , and extra curricular (duke of Ed), volunteering etc. Or is it completely unnecessary and they only assess your Atar, UMAT and interview.

Oh, and how many unis can u apply for medicine after year 12. I mean, like wats the limit?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Not necessary, but you won't have anything to talk about and won't look very good. Real talk though, just make it up and make it sound believable. You have other things to focus on e.g atar, umat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)