University Idol? (1 Viewer)

slicka03

I hear that Macquarie is having their own idol singing contest..the aptly named 'MACQUARIE IDOL'...I think it would be really cool if each uni had their own..and then each winner from idol comps would come together for COMBINED UNIVERSITY IDOL or 'UNI IDOL'....imagine it would encourage a sense of unity within a university and still have the friendly rivalries

UNI IDOL FINALISTS

1. WINNER OF UNSW Idol
2. WINNER OF Sydney Uni Idol
3. WINNER OF MACQUARIE Idol
4. WINNER OF UTS CITY Idol
5. WINNER OF UTS Kuring-Gai Idol
6. WINNER OF ACU Idol
7. WINNER OF ANU Idol
8. WINNER OF UWS Idol
9. WINNER OF Canberra Uni Idol

and potentially others

what do you think of the idea?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i like it!! suggest the idol idea to your unis.

slicka03

i think it would be a fantastic idol

and get like australian idol finalists to maybe come and judge

have heats anf finals..it would be so cool..and the winner could get like a single...and a free audition without waiting in line to australian idol

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by slicka03
UNI IDOL FINALISTS

1. WINNER OF UNSW Idol
2. WINNER OF Sydney Uni Idol
3. WINNER OF MACQUARIE Idol
4. WINNER OF UTS CITY Idol
5. WINNER OF UTS Kuring-Gai Idol
6. WINNER OF ACU Idol
7. WINNER OF ANU Idol
8. WINNER OF UWS Idol
9. WINNER OF Canberra Uni Idol
hmm-hmmm *clears throat*

and where precisely is my uni on that list?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
SESOC was thinking of making SESOC idol ;), how geeky would that be :p:rofl:

slicka03

i for one would be excited to do it..i mean im a student at uts..right..and im audition for Australian Idol 2 because people tell me i have an awesome voice..i would love to compete in a uni idol...

- u could charge 10 dollars to audition (which would eliminate all the immature people who were just doing it for a laugh)
- u could have regular final shows as concerts and charge gold coin donation
- winning idol could get a single..and maybe even an albulm and represent their uni at UNI IDOL....

I would say for example UTS about

800-1000 students would audition meaning about 10,000 dollars just from that..winner could get cash prize as well of a few 1,000/hecs bill free of paid

Judges could range from teachers-celebrities, maybe ex-australian idol finalists

they could say select the best 50 auditionees...then choose 30 of them..split them up into 3 concerts of 10...3 go through..and then have a wildcard show..and eliminate 1-2 contestants every week

it would be huge!
who is with me!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i love it!

how are we going to start it up?

MoNNiE

HSC
lol
v. good idea..
i would say get the student council to do it..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think the word has to be spread. i will post a link in the australian uni forums

slicka03

i think it would be soo much fun to follow..like the finalists would become famous round campus..it would create unity..imagine going to a final showdown between winners of all uni idols..or the grand final of a university's idol comp like unsw idol..or so on..it would rock..we would find great talent...

you could have anyone auditioning, singing anything they want..u could have rockers, rappers, r'nb singers, pop singers, jazz singers, big band/swing singers...u name it!

it would absolutely rock

for the early auditions u could even get like some of the undergraduates to be judges

also

e.g. at Kuring-gai UTS, their is a lecture room that holds bout 500 seats, with a huge stage, it would be perfect..each semi-final/group performance could have their finals their..then uts students vote in online polls..can only vote once on their account...winners go through..have themes..even have them as head of advertising campaigns, mainstream media would probably get involved..it would be huge..have like main prize 5,000 cash voucher for HECS or HOLIDAY..it would be fantastic..charge 10 dollars to audition and see where it goes....can any1 just confirm whether or not they will take it up with their student council

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
not a bad idea i fink... ^^ at last i can embarrass myself infront of a bigger crowd... =)

slicka03

hypothetical scenario..for UTS Kuring-gai IDOL

600-800 auditions

held on 1 day...judges pick the 80 best singers...
come back next day...they each have to sing in groups of 4...and with an assigned song......they get rid of 32 singers..manually..leaving a top 48..

come back 2 days later..each sing individually for 1 min or so...judges separate them into 4 rooms with 12 in each........they tell 2 rooms they are going home..and 2 rooms they have made TOP 24..

Website designers design website with profiles..active uni buzz ...

then split up into 3 groups of 8......2 from each group go through to finals

and wildcard show with 8 singers getting second chance...4 go through...

making a TOP TEN

Then every week, they sing in large lecture hall., different themes, crowd of 500 roughly each week..pay gold coin to get in........each week between 1-2 leave...themes such as big band, rock'n'roll..modern day magic, stevie wonder, movie soundtrack songs, rnb/soul...free choice...judges choice...fans choice...it would go off each week

leaving final 2...winner gets single..possibly albulm...gets to represent UTS Kuring-gai at UNI IDOL...

wat u think

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you seem to be a helluva lot more interested in this than anyone else, slicka

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
UTS have a Band/Singing competition every year, so I guess this idea could work if implemented :p.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
UTS would have 1 idol, auditions would be at city campus

otherwise places like UWS would have 4 idols or something

and sydney would have at least 3

slicka03

i think it would be beter if each uni just had one idol show.like combine campus's..have auditions

it would rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)