University for finance, commerce and law? (1 Viewer)

Dark Phoenix

HSC
Does anyone know which is the best university to go to for finance, commerce and law?

Tossing between:
  • University of NSW
  • University of Sydney
  • University of Technology Sydney
  • Macquarie Univeristy

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
usyd has a better law department. unsw has a better commerce department. well thats what i reckon anyway. club mac is getting quite good too.

phrred

HSC
USYD has the most prestigious law school but its quality is starting to fall behind UNSW

michaeln36

HSC
usyd or unsw :D
u cant go wrong with either of them, great unis.
Like someone above said, law is often considered slightly better at usyd, whereas commerce/finance is often considered slightly better at unsw, but opinions vary.

SaintMichael

HSC
N/A
Are you guys joking? cos if you are talking about law then i must agreed that no uni can compete with usyd or unsw in this state, however if you are talking about finance and accounting then you must subject to the fact that Macquarie is the best in the state simply because they have one of the biggest and best Commerce department in the Australia. Apparently 37% of Australian's actuarists come from Mac uni.

kranqualizer

HSC
YES someone please answer..
apparently u tend to find jobs easier if u graduate from macquarie commerce coz employers like them better than sydney uni/unsw

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Go to yoosid cos you sound like someone who'd fit into the snotty "investment banking crew".

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dark Phoenix said:
Does anyone know which is the best university to go to for finance, commerce and law?

Tossing between:
  • University of NSW
  • University of Sydney
  • University of Technology Sydney
  • Macquarie Univeristy
USyd has a slight edge over UNSW in prestige when it comes to law. UNSW is widely regarded as the best for Commerce.

However, you really can't go wrong with either. Both are excellent universities (and I have studied at each).

That said, being a current student at UNSW I would point out that the University of New South Wales leads all Australian universities for the quality of learning and teaching in business and law, according to the Federal Government's assessment of excellence in these areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)