University Fees (1 Viewer)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
My UAI is incredibly close to the cut off of B of Commerce at Sydney University. My first two preferences are: UAI: 93.80............2005 Cut Off: 93.20

1. B of Commerce at Syd Uni (CSP)
2. B of Commerce at Syd Uni (DFEE)

I have researced that through the DFEE option I would pay $18144 per year. Although If I did make the cut-off how much would i be paying per year for the CSP course. Also what other disadvantages does the DFEE option have? Can I transfer from the DFEE paying option to the CSP in Year 2?

Gummy_bear

HSC
Unfortunatley i cant help you here, i didnt even consider how i was going to pay if i got in.
Though most of my preferences are HECS, through which, once you get a job, they take a certain percentage out of your monthly or weekly wage for uni.

Im not sure how the others work, but im sure UAC would have infomation all about it, have you tried looking around their website?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Commerce subjects are about $450 each. At 4 a semester, for 2 semesters a year, its gonna be somewhere around $3500-$4000.

I think you get a 25% discount if you pay all your semester's HECS upfront by the cutoff date.

Otherwise you can just defer them till you start working.

As far as I know, if you get some good marks in your first year (credit average at least) you can apply to transfer into a HECS place.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
You can transfer from a Fee to a CSP given that there are vacancies in CSP.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Tuna said:
You can transfer from a Fee to a CSP given that there are vacancies in CSP.
Transfer from Fee to CSP is often quite competitive though, because no one WANTS to keep paying full fees. Hence the credit average suggestion.

Mandy101

HSC
If you want to transfer, it's incredibly competitive, as you are not only competing against other DFEE students, but also CSP students.

They take into account two things: your UAI and generally whether you have averaged distinctions in the course.

If you are planning on paying fees, don't assume that you will be able to transfer easily after year one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)