university atar?! (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
how high of a chance is that uni change their guaranteed atar for the 2024 cohort?! let say and guaranteed atar for X course was 90 for 2023 hsc students. How high of a chance could that course be moved to atar of 95?!?

HSC
is it normally the high atar courses or does low atar course happen as well?

HSC
Unlikely but it does happen, for example ANU’s Bachelor of Mathematical science increased their requirement from 90 to 95 from 2022 to 2023
in that case? would i not be accepted cause they moved their atar?

carrotsss

HSC
in that case? would i not be accepted cause they moved their atar?
no you wouldn’t be accepted but again that’s a pretty rare scenario usually courses increase/decrease by much lower differences and much less frequently than that. in general I’d try make sure you aim for a slightly higher ATAR than your course as minimum though because you never know what could happen, like if you’re aiming for a course which requires 80 try aim for at least an 85 to be safe

HSC
no you wouldn’t be accepted but again that’s a pretty rare scenario usually courses increase/decrease by much lower differences and much less frequently than that. in general I’d try make sure you aim for a slightly higher ATAR than your course as minimum though because you never know what could happen, like if you’re aiming for a course which requires 80 try aim for at least an 85 to be safe
Thank you Carrotts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)