Units of Study? (1 Viewer)

baci

HSC
I am trying to enrol in Bachelor of Laws/International and Glob. Studies at Sydney University.

However, I'm really struggling... All the units of study and everything are so confusing.
How do I choose the language I want to study and how many credit points for the Int and Glob studies should I be enrolling in at the moment?

I am so confused! If anyone can explain anything that would be much appreciated

dinomyte

HSC
Hi! I'm doing the same course as you but I'm also a 2014'er. I'm also very confused about this credit system and the seemingly endless units of study.

The course needs a total of 240 credit points to graduate, and ideally we will be graduating in 5 years. So we should complete an average of 24 credits a semester. You can choose to complete 18 credits a semester, but you'll have it complete 30 credits another semester to make up for it, otherwise it may take longer to complete your degree.

For Int'l and Global Studies, we should only be doing Power and Money in Global Society for Sem 1 and Global Culture and Society for Sem 2. I wasn't allowed to add the other two units (Transnational Spaces and Global Issues) but I'm guessing it's because we need to complete the first two before we can do those. Check out this page: http://sydney.edu.au/arts/future_students/courses/undergraduate/international_global_studies.shtml and if you scroll down to the bottom there's a sample degree structure. I'm following that :)

I chose a language for my optional second major, but my friend didn't choose to do a second major and instead is doing chinese from the Table A units of study.

baci

HSC
It's nice to know someone was going through the same struggle!
I finally completed my enrolment yesterday, and I'm sure I've probably made some errors along the way.
I also picked an optional major of French Studies :) What language are you doing?
I was going to try do my language from the Table A units but it didn't seem to have the correct level I'm at.

What other units did you pick? I am doing psychology, sociology, gender studies and whatnot!

dinomyte

HSC
I picked Japanese Studies :) I did Japanese throughout high school so I thought I should continue it haha

I think you can pick a language from the Table A senior units and they should have the level that you're at (if you had only been studying French in high school). When I checked, the Table A junior units only had Japanese 1 and 2 which were too low for my level but the senior units had Japanese 3 to 8.

Wow that sounds like quite a variety :) I'm doing government and international relations for my first major! I'm thinking of choosing history too, but I'm not sure yet. Mostly because I'm really confused about the credit system. I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to do any units outside of the major. :/ Does your major require you to complete 36 senior units?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)