Units counted? (1 Viewer)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Hey, I have a question about the units that are taken to calculate the UAI.
I know that they only take the ten best units but what if you did 11 units and you did better than allyour extension subjects than in one of your 2 unit subjects?

The subjects I'm enquiring about are:

4U English
3U History
2U Visual Arts
2U Society and Culture

If the subject that I do the worst in is Society and Culture, will that split the units in that up and calculate my Extensions, or will they calculate S&C as 2 units and then disregard one of my extension subjects?

A l

HSC
N/A
If Society And Culture is the worst subject in your UAI, then one unit would count from it. Remember that each 2 unit course makes up 100 out of 500 of your total marks used for the UAI. 1 unit and Extension courses make up 50 marks. So basically, a 2 unit course would be split if it had the lowest scaled mark but if it is still needed for the UAI then it would be counted as one unit as a mark out of 50.

Your best subjects still remain used for your UAI calculation along with at least 2 units of English.

Last edited:

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Thanks for that! For a minute there I thought tha they would just disregard one of my extension subjects, which would make it quite pointless for me to study it to begin with, but thanks for clearing that up:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)