Unitrack (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Hi , i applied for unitrack because my UAI wasn't greater than 70 ( don't laugh ) .

I'm extremely confused about the whole process and i would like to know

1. How do they determine who get's in ?? is it who ever has the highest uai ??

2. From what i 've heard is it you study for 6 months and if u do well enough u continue on to the next semester or the next year and get credited some ?? so all in all u waste 6 months - 1 year minus the subjects credited

3. Is parramatta campus a good campus , i checked it out and it looks pretty old , but looks can be deceiving so i dunno

4. Would you be advertised as the unitrack students and get labelled ?

I've checked the uws website and the Q and A or FAQ doesnt help very much

Thanks

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I applied for unitrack and got in but I ended up getting into one of my course preferences anyway.. so I think they accept anyone, but to move on to your degree after 6 months you have to get the marks.

There was this guy in my tutorial who I only found out was doing unitrack halfway through the semester.. so no, you don't get labelled a "unitrack student" or whatever unless you tell them?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't worry, my uai wasn't above 70 either (and this was like 2 years ago :p)
1. From reading what it says on the website, here: http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/admissions/unitrack/units, specific units require and specific uai, so its going to be based upon what subjects you will be studying.

2. You do 2 subjects from the degree that you want to do, thiks is equivalent to a part time student. And then you apply through UAC to get into the course that you want.

3. Parramatta is old and haunted, but its good, in the fact that its in a central location. Looks aren't everything, remember.

4. No, that stuff is so primary school. This is uni remember.

Don't forget you'll have to pay upfront for your subjects though.

v sia

HSC
So if u get lets say credit average .. your in
and u bum around for 6 months till the next semester begins

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
v sia said:
So if u get lets say credit average .. your in
and u bum around for 6 months till the next semester begins
I suppose its like any normal situation, after you have done a semester, you can transfer into the degree, depending on what subjects you have done, you can take up some subjects in second semester if you have done the pre-reqs (if there are any)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)