Unit of Study Marks for Semester 2 [USYD] (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Just wondering, how did you find the measure theory side of financial maths?
When I did it, we had a different lecturer who placed less emphasis on the measure theory business. However, I did do the Option Pricing 4th year course which did cover the measure theory (i.e. its application in probability theory). To be honest, it is not essential to really understand the technicalities of it to handle the course but it would probably help. There is actually an intuition behind it when you see the technical details of measure/probability theory in its application. The measure theory bit is only needed because of the probability theory involved. Hence, I still think doing something like STAT2911 and STAT3911 would be very helpful for Financial Maths in third year. The second year financial maths course is a different story though, it is far easier and more about economics/optimisation rather than pricing financial instruments.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You probably got screwed by scaling in that case, I've heard a few people who expected much higher results in 1903.
I guess. All of my friends said they found it really easy. Although, I felt it was a bit screwy because all the past exams had something challenging you needed to ~figure out~ and this year's one was like "if you studied a lot and memorised certain thing you're all good" which kind of annoyed me because I usually get quite a few marks from those screwy Q's. :/

If you go to the MATH2968 webpage, you can get Daners' script for 2961. It goes into a lot of detail to really motivate the ideas and hold your hand through it. http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/UG/IM/MATH2968/r/loc/math2961-2012la.pdf

The LA in 2961 will be the first exposure to axiomatized mathematics and that's a really tough adjustment for anybody, so don't feel bad if its hard. I remember when I first saw the axioms for vector spaces I had no idea what was going on.
Thanks heaps!

I'll get started if I'm bothered so then if I do it next year it'll be less of a surprise.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce 2nd year

International Risk Management (IBUS3102) – 71 – C
People & Organisations (WORK2218) – 66 – C
Management & Organisational Ethics (WORK2219) – 67 – C
New Products Marketing (MKTG3114) – 68 – C

HSC
I've only gotten 2 so far. 67 and 76. I thought I'd pass the first one and get a credit for the other. I kind of handed in my essays a bit late.

10 days or so...:uhoh:

YOLO

I can yolo too!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Awk mo when the two engineering subjects I've done this year are my two best subjects, yet I'm dropping engineering. ~lol~

Although, I did significantly worse in CHNG1103 than I should've but I guess I did sleep in the final. :spin:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Awk mo when the two engineering subjects I've done this year are my two best subjects, yet I'm dropping engineering. ~lol~

Although, I did significantly worse in CHNG1103 than I should've but I guess I did sleep in the final. :spin:
Same here >: (.

Brb existential crisis.

I'm going to see if I can view the marking of my paper. I'm really shocked I went this bad.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Same here >: (.

Brb existential crisis.

I'm going to see if I can view the marking of my paper. I'm really shocked I went this bad.
Me too. Let's do it together.

I FELL ASLEEP IN THE EXAM, I SHOULD'VE DONE BETTER

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Ouch. You were lucky with calculus.

How come you dropped those engo courses?
Lucky? Not really. I was expecting a lot better.

I dropped eng mechanics because I swapped from biomed engg to chem engg and I needed to do CHNG1103 for chem engg, but now I'm dropping engg altogether because I don't like it. Ew.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Lucky in the sense that you only passed by 2 marks. How come you went worse than semester 1?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lucky in the sense that you only passed by 2 marks. How come you went worse than semester 1?
No idea. I went to the first two lectures for stats and that was it, and I didn't bother catching up, so that's probably why I did shit in that.
I went worse in the chem quizzes because I didn't prepare at all so that's probs that.
I went to like every 5th mblg lecture and didn't bother catching up.
I missed like 6 integ lectures in a row, but really, I'm surprised by my result, I should've done a lot better.
Chem engg - Slept in the final. Didn't go to lectures. lol

I guess I need to go to things. :spin:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No idea. I went to the first two lectures for stats and that was it, and I didn't bother catching up, so that's probably why I did shit in that.
I went worse in the chem quizzes because I didn't prepare at all so that's probs that.
I went to like every 5th mblg lecture and didn't bother catching up.
I missed like 6 integ lectures in a row, but really, I'm surprised by my result, I should've done a lot better.
Chem engg - Slept in the final. Didn't go to lectures. lol

I guess I need to go to things. :spin:
I guess you do.

Were you relying on your s1 and s2 marks to transfer?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess you do.

Were you relying on your s1 and s2 marks to transfer?
If my UMAT were better I would've worked harder in sem 2, but since it was only good enough for UWS (which is like my first pref anyways) I just needed my ATAR so I didn't really care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)