Unit levels (1 Viewer)

aliasfan

HSC
Im commencing first year law combined with social science. Im doing the following units:

Intro to Law - Level 1
Crime and Criminal Justice - Level 1
Torts Law - Level 2
Bioethics - Level 2

Is doing two level 2 units in a semester a bad idea?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Nope. Actually I rather enjoy doing level 2 / 3 subjects. Better than level ones.

Last semester I did 4 level 3 subjects and 1 level 1 subject; semester before that I did 4 level 3 subjects.

Its pretty easy to survive.

g_dob

HSC
hey this is the first ive heard about 'levels' of units. im doing arts/law and i thought there was only 1 level which everybody did? can anybody please explain what they are and their implications (more understading? higher career prospects?).
thanks

aliasfan

HSC
natstar said:
Undergraduate study has 3 levels. 1st year units are level 1, 2nd year level 2 and 3rd year level 3, so they are based on their level of difficulty really. You are allowed to do any level units in any year but beware of the difficulty. Its not good to do level 2 units in your first semester of uni, sometimes they are ok in the 2nd semester, but the work load and content will be harder. Most degrees only let you do a max of 10 level 1 units and a min of 6 level 3, so make sure you go by that so you wont have to do subjects over or waste money.

Student contribution bands- 1, 2 and 3 and the amount of HECS you pay. Level 1 is degrees like arts, level 2 is degrees like business, enginerring etc, and level 3 is degrees like law and med.
Thats how it goes!

g_dob

HSC
i see.. but still, i dont understand what you get out of it? also, if they are 'harder' does that mean employers will give you more preference and if you wonna transfer to a more 'prestigious' uni, will these higher levels account for anything?

L

LaraB

aliasfan said:
Im commencing first year law combined with social science. Im doing the following units:

Intro to Law - Level 1
Crime and Criminal Justice - Level 1
Torts Law - Level 2
Bioethics - Level 2

Is doing two level 2 units in a semester a bad idea?
no, especially since you don't really have a choice as far as torts go coz it's a first year law subject:p

Ignore the unit levels... just stick to the suggested path..

People carry on about levels way too much... you won't notice the difference between the level ones and twos of the ones above...

Optophobia

HSC
Levels don't mean too much. There isn't enough difference between level 1/2 to be worrying at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)